Introduction to Contradiction

❂❂❂❂❂

❂❂❂❂❂

See that picture of the bird and the 'no birds allowed' sign above? Well, that's an oxymoron—a visual one. Don't know what an oxymoron is? Let me tell you...

A Little History:
Simply put, an oxymoron is usually defined as a phrase in which two words of contradictory meaning are brought together.

The word "oxymoron" is actually an oxymoron itself, having been derived from the Greek words "oxys"—meaning "sharp/keen", and "moros"—meaning "foolish." Oxymorons (in this book, "oxyms" for short) are very useful figures of speech in written English, noted for its ability to add dramatic effect, spice up speech a bit, and even in its application for a more comedic approach in various stories.

❂❂❂❂❂

Now that you've been well informed, you definitely know what to expect from this book. If you already knew what it was, well, that's great! Oxymoron will be a random, educational book in which I will share some of the funniest, probably darkest, and most interesting contradictions while trying to form a short scenario in each update. Most of the oxyms will be sourced from different platforms while I'll try to be creative and share some of my own. Those that are mine will be indicated by an asterisk (*).

I hope you give Oxymoron a chance while I work on polishing up my other books. Updates will be twice every week, on Saturdays and Sundays, and each chapter will contain at least two to three contradictions (it will vary depending on how I can structure the oxyms for fluidity).

What caused me to create this book is the fact that I'm guilty of contradicting myself a majority of the time. It's not usually intentional and when I do realize it, it's actually funny to laugh at. Before I share the first one (which will be in the following chapter), I have a question: how often do you contradict yourself?

So...without further ado...welcome to Oxymoron! Let's learn and laugh together! Stay tuned.

❂❂❂❂❂

Release Date: September 7, 2018.

Status: Currently ONGOING.

End Date: TBD.

❂❂❂❂❂

Copyright: © Mardais 2018

Copyright: © Mardais 2018. Oxymoron is my own work and should not be used or replicated in part or whole without my consent. All graphics/media used, I give full credit to their respective owners.