Don't Try So Hard

–I have to find him! – Exclaimed Lily running through the pleasant garden with portentous verdant trees.

On the right, in a park bench, Amy and Kurt were talking calmly. Ahead, lying in the middle of the pitch, was a smiling Lennon delighting himself with the sunbeams warming his face. Not much far away from there, in a small pedestal, was Jimi playing his Fender Stratocaster while Michael e Janis were cheerfully dancing in the audience.

Lily slowed the pace and keep walking until finding Jim, alone and further away from the others, who choosed enjoying the refreshing shade of an apple tree.

–He's right there with Bowie. – Answered Jim as if he didn't need to ask Lily who or what she was looking for.

She looked at her left and spotted immediately not only both but also Eric. Lily remain static a few seconds but quickly gained courage to get closer to the trio.

–Freddie! – Called Lily. He turned back and looked at the young girl with dark hair and green eyes.

–What are you doing here, darling? – Asked Freddie curious.

–I miss you. You have to come back. – Implored Lily assertively.

–You've been very busy, today! – Noticed Eric with humour, causing a slight laugh between the three.

–I'm serious! – Exclaimed Lily displeased.

–Okay, now serious. Why do you want me to come back? – Asked Freddie. Every single day fanatical admirers used to appear him begging him to come back to the earthly world. But Lily's innocence and ingenuity touched Freddie in a way that demoted him from taking any kind of least friendly attitude.

–Because the good persons should live forever. – Answered Lily leaving Freddie starring speechless at Bowie and Eric. And so, Freddie decided to get closer to the girl. He kneel down in front of her and spoke:

–Honey... I know you all miss me down there and I would like so much to come back and keep bringing joy to your lifes but... I can't!

–And why not? – Asked Lily discouraged.

–Because that's how it must be! I can't do anything. Nobody can. – Explained Freddie equally discouraged. Lily lowered her face and turned away.

–It doesn't worth staying like that. – Conforted Bowie cuddling Lily's shoulder.

–Exactly, Bowie's right. – Supported Eric who kneel down as well beside Freddie. – Moreover, you still have a whole life ahead. I'm pretty sure you'll meet a lot of people who will make you happy.

–Listen what Eric says, darling! – Insisted Freddie.

–There is really no way for you to come back? – Asked Lily one last time.

–However much it was my will... no. I can't really come back. – Answered Freddie shaking his head negatively towards Lily's resigned eyes. – But I'll always be in a very special place which is the place where the people we love goes. And that place is right here! – Revealed pointing to Lily's heart, who smiled finally.

–Can I give you a hug at least? – Asked.

–Of course you can! – And so Lily and Freddie embraced themselves prolongedly, like a daughter would hug his father, to which one Bowie and Eric decided to join as well.

*******

–Lily! Lily!! Wake up! – She opened her eyes slowly and raised her head from the desk where Lily had fallen asleep unintentionally. – Have you fallen asleep in middle of your studying again, sweetie? – Lily scratched her eyes and looked around. Books and written sheets were spread throughout all her studying area.

–What time is it? I have an important report to deliver tomorrow without fail. – Asked Lily trying to organise herself between all that disorder.

–Honey, it's almost dinner time. Don't you think it's better to have a break? You look so tired! – Adviced her mother worried. Lily had spent the whole afternoon in her room studying without any break.

–Yeah, maybe you're right. – Lily follow her mom's advice and stood up but not before noticing something.

A yellow frame with two wood-made cats decorating it owning Freddie Mercury's portait caught her eye. She took it and looked at it with detail.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

That was the dedicatory that could be read in the photo with Freddie's autograph in the end. Lily smiled nostalgic, put the frame in its place and left the room.