Chapter 29- Dobby the Free Elf

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

・○・・○・・○・・○・

After Harry, Ron, Ginny, Lockhart, Fawkes and I arrived back at Hogwarts, we immediately informed the teachers about what happened.

When Arthur and Molly arrived at Hogwarts, Ginny went all distraught because she thought that she was going to get punished and expelled, but Dumbledore assured her that she wouldn't, since she wasn't herself, and that she was being controlled by the diary. Arthur and Molly weren't too angry with her either, and they were more glad that she was alright.

Once Madam Pomfrey tended to our cuts and bruises, she assessed Lockhart and was incredibly shocked at his state. She said that his memory loss is so bad, that he has to go to St Mungo's to get special treatment and isn't sure if he'll ever recover fully from it.

It's now morning, and Ron, Harry and I are in Dumbledore's office, tired and still in our dirty uniforms that we wore to the Chamber. The boys think that we were called here to be punished, but I don't think we are going to be.

Knowing Dumbledore, he's here to thank us rather than scold us.

"You three realize, of course, that in the past few hours you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules?" Dumbledore asks us as we stand in front of his desk. The three of us exchange glances and nod.

"Yes, sir." We say.

"And there is sufficient evidence to have you three expelled." Dumbledore continues.

"Yes, sir," We say again.

"Therefore, it is only fitting, that you three receive Special Awards for Services to the School." Dumbledore concludes kindly, and I smile as Harry and Ron gasp both in surprise and relief, not expecting him to say that.

"Thanks, sir!" Ron says gratefully.

"And now, Mr Weasley, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban?" Dumbledore asks as he walks over to Ron. "I believe we want our gamekeeper back."

Ron nods as he is handed Hagrid's release papers, and sends Harry and I a smile before leaving the office. Once he's out, Dumbledore turns to us.

"Harry, Raven... I want to thank the two of you. Both of you must have shown me real loyalty down in the Chamber. Nothing but that could have called Fawkes to you. And, um... second, I sense that something is troubling you both. Am I right?" Dumbledore asks, and we nod.

"It's just... You see, sir I- I couldn't help but notice certain things, certain- certain similarities, between Tom Riddle and me." Harry tells him.

"I see. Well, you can speak Parseltongue, Harry." Dumbledore says, naming one and Harry asks him why he can. "Because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue. If I'm not mistaken, Harry, he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar."