5: Maya

*Changed Kissimmee to Tampa....

***

Maya's P.O.V.

***

As the boys started playing, i realized it would be rude of me to just eavesdrop on the challenges and embarrassments they were to face so I times into the girls' convos.

It started to get interesting because I guessing one of the girls' fake friends were talking about her behind her back.

"She's such a b*tch," said one.

"How could she cheat on Jake? I mean he's THE Jake Tyler!" said another.

"I can't believe her," said the first. I decided to nickname them Thing 1 and Thing 2 for now.

"I can't believe we're even friends with her!?!" exclaimed Thing 2.

"You know why though, you want to impress Matt while I want to impress Paul," replied Thing 1. "It would be easier if they finally noticed us. I mean we it makeovers and became populars! What else do they want?"

Thing 2 grumbled. "They are so high maintenance. I GIVE UP!"

"What?!?" said Thing 1 thoroughly shocked. "So you're just going to leave me here after ALL the hard work we put into this?"

"It's your choice," said Thing 2. "I'm outta here."

I heard her pick up her bag and walk out on her friend. Well I admire that girl. I think guys especially to what Matt seemed to be like from the way they talked wouldn't really go for a popular unless she was an easy one night stand or something.

I stared at the photo of my newly found friend Astrid, since she was the only down to earth girl I knew so far, and her boyfriend. It made me remember the times Hale and I were a couple.

I reminisced the times we went on our first date, the multiple midnight strolls at the park, the time he told me HE LOVED ME and would do ANYTHING for me. But everything crashed down. Everyone whom I had trusted broke their promises and keepings. Now they had lost me.

I started to tear up but quickly wiped my tears as I heard a guy's voice asked me, "What's a girl like you doing here?"

I turned to the side to face him but as I looked him over, it was the guy who caught my eye earlier.

He looked so similar to Hale. From the light brown hair to those stunning blue eyes. Was he here to mock me? I paled visibly as I was remembering the heartbreak Hale did to me.

Just looking at the guy in front of me was heart retching. I got up immediately as I got out some cash probably a twenty, dropped it on the table and ran. Ran from heartbreak, ran from everything I could possibly think of.

I pulled my keys out to my motorcycle and just drove off. I probably left the guy speechless since he was those type of guys that were never stood up or something.

As I drove, my tears were starting ti cloud my eyesight so I stopped to where I was ad found a nice place to park as I relaxed and escaped my troubles for now.

I took off my helmet and looked around. I drove actually to the beach. This part was not crowded, in fact it was empty but then again, it was night. I walked into the sand and just lied down there when I came into a good proximity from my motorcycle and the water. I lied down there and relaxed.

After a 30 minute relaxation, I got up but my hand touched something. It was really sharp and as I held it up to the moonlight, I realized that it was sea glass. But it was in one of the first stages and wasn't even smooth around the edges.

Sea glass. It reminded me of something. It has those rough edges but once it's in the ocean, the waves engulf it and smoothen the edges. It kind of reminded me of something familiar.

I put the glass in my pocket for memory keeping. I went back to my motorcycle, turned the engine home and rode back retracing my steps. But what I didn't see was a Jeep parked actually about 0.1 mile away from my bike. That was very weird...and creepy...I rode much quicker home and got into the house.

Just like I expected, Gramps and my grandma were asleep. I locked the door and went upstairs to my room. I then realized that the curtain was still open and across from me was a window. Inside there was also a guy in there who looked awfully familiar.

My timing was on time because at that very moment, he turned around.

OH SH*T, I thought in my head.

A/N: I know :( Really short chapter....But at least I uploaded today :) Normally on the weekends I don't have much to write...Yes I changed Kissimmee to Tampa since I believe Tampa is closer to the ocean like near the coast and sea glass is going to take a major part in this story :) GUESS WHAT? I have an editor for this story! :D WHOOOHOOO!!! The editor is my fellow friend: @2Infinity <3 She's awesome so go say hi!

Please

V OT E 

C O M M E N T 

And/Or If You Want

F A N 

~ Anna <3