Evan Hansen~Delicate

Based on the Taylor Swift song

There were very few things Evan was certain of. Every time he walked into a class, he wasn't sure if he was in the right room. He was never sure if he was speaking loud enough for people to hear him or if he was spending too much time staring at the ground.

You were no exception.

He was certain he liked you, but that was all. He beat himself up over the fact that he thought about the two of you being in a relationship, knowing you would want nothing to do with him.

He spends hours imagining a life when you, and just when he thinks he can get over you, you do something so adorable that he can't get you out of his head.

Little did he know, you felt the same way. You would spend all of English staring at him, thinking about how gorgeous he is. Everything he wore, from Nikes to jeans to his favorite blue shirt, looked fabulous on him.

Finally, you've had enough of staring at him from across the room and stop him at lunch. "Hey, Evan? Do you want to, maybe, go see a movie with me this weekend?"

His face lights up as he hastily pulls out his phone for you to put your number in. "Of course! That sounds great!"

~~~

You never dared to call seeing the movie a date. Neither did Evan. Both of you were too nervous that you would make the wrong move and completely ruin everything.

So you pretend not to be hurt when he talks to Zoe.

He does the same when you touch Jared's arm when he makes you laugh, no matter how much it pains him.

Finally, he's had enough and confronts you about the movie. "Was that a date? Or did I just read it wrong?"

"If you want it to be," you answer.

"Then, can we go on another?"