Chapter 4

[Kaycee]

The weekend was almost over. Everyone was getting ready to leave the lake house and head back home. I stayed a little bit longer by the lake, taking in the peaceful scenery drowned in the blissful colors of the twilight.

I could live here forever, far from all the stress and uncertainty, surrounded by the most precious souls in my life. I smiled to myself, a wave of genuine gratefulness taking over.

I moved my legs in the water which was reaching just below my knees, debating if I should go or not. The warmth of an almost gone sun was soothing my skin and I came to the conclusion that my family will have to literally drag me away from here.

I found myself daydreaming, looking over the horizon, when a shadow appeared from nowhere. Before I had time to react, my body was launched forward and I was about to fall face first into the water if only a pair of hands hadn't grabbed my shoulders tightly.

A hysterical laugh filled my ears.

"Auch, you loser" I complained after I regained my balance. I started splashing water in Sean's direction and ran after him when he tried to escape.

We ended up having sort of a water fight until we both finally laid carefree on the grass, hugging some towels close to our now freezing bodies. The silence between us was comforting.

I heard Sean clear his throat after a while and started off cautiously "I have something to tell you".

"I don't want to call it a surprise 'cause you can say no. And I swear to you, there's no problem if you do. Just ..."

I started laughing at his babbling and cut him short "Say it already, dood". I nodded encouraging is his direction and smiled.

He took a deep breath, squeezing the towel impossibly close to him. You don't see him this nervous often, but it's the most hilarious thing. I waited patiently until he carefully chose his words and spoke up.

"Remember the mini tour I have in China this fall ? I was thinking that maybe... I wouldn't have to do it alone. Like we could change it into a 'Sean & Kaycee' tour, do some partnering classes, assist one another. If you wish, no pressure." He finished in such a gentle tone, I felt my heart leap.

I knew it was my turn to say something, I just couldn't find my voice. There was so much to take in at once and I was definitely caught off guard by everything.

The whole thing was so thoughtful of him and sounded so ideal. I got glimpses of how it would be and felt myself pout overwhelmed. A second later, I felt a hand moving soothingly up and down my spine. Sean was eyeing me carefully, showcasing a comforting smile as I'm sure he sensed my internal freak-out. My tensed muscles relaxed almost immediately.

"Just think about it, don't stress it" He shrugged casually as his fingertips kept caressing my back. I was suddenly very aware of his touch and my skin tingled all over the path he kept following.

"And before you say no, let me picture this thing for you a bit" He added cheerfully and shifted a little closer, enough to make my breath go slightly wild. I swallowed hard and tried to keep my composure. My body was going crazy, what was wrong with all these reactions. Calm down.

[Sean]

"First of all, we're gonna visit all those cool places I've been telling you about. And eat the most mindblowing sushi you've ever had. Oh, and wait 'till you see the people there. You can't even imagine the love and energy in those studios. It's going to be more like a vacation, really." I was getting way too excited about this.

I've been juggling around this idea for so long now. And finally after saying it out loud, relief and enthusiasm were settling in. It was spontaneous. I wasn't waiting for a perfect moment, in fact, I wasn't sure I was even going to present her the idea at all. It just felt like the right thing to do in that moment.

"Plus, we could use one of the photos from that bomb photoshoot with Lee for the posters. Just epic, man, come on" I shook her shoulders, trying to hype her up as well.

I was having some major deja-vu from when I asked her to be my partner for World of Dance. That's how all the madness started. Facing a big decision like that was terrifying, and the fact that she was the worst at making decisions in general wasn't helping. But we figured it out in the end. We always do.

"We also have the chance to choreograph together. I think it's about time, honestly" I continued rambling as I wanted her to see the bigger picture and all its perks.

With every random idea I came up, her smile grew wider and the light in her eyes was gleaming playfully. But she was yet to say a word.

I wanted nothing more than for her to go for this. After World of Dance was over we only knew one thing for sure, that we wanted to continue the partnership. We just didn't know how exactly. I felt like pairing up in classes and doing concept videos wasn't enough anymore. I wanted to share this with the world. For them to witness and feel the genuine joy and rawness of our connection. I needed to feel the crowds surrounding us again when we performed, to feed on that energy.

I was brought back to reality by a soft voice. "I would love to" was all she said, locking those glistering brown eyes with mine.

"What ?" was the only coherent thing I could respond with.

"I said let's do this. I want to come to China with you" she spelled each word like I was some kind of retard and broke into a fit of giggles. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Author's note]

Do you know when you have an idea in your mind and when you write it down it turns into a complete mess ? That's this chapter in a nutshell, lol. The tour thing is very important for the plot so bear with me, I promise the next chapter will be worth it. Thank you for reading and if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to leave them in the comments. See ya, peeps ! 

P.S. Will & Janelle's wedding ceremony was absolutely beautiful, it really touched my heart to see them finally tie the knot. A little disappointed with the lack of updates (especially on KC), but I wish the newly weds a long and happy life together.