Calm before the Storm

Jack's POV:

I walk away from my dad as the court disperses and make my way back to my chambers. I honestly don't know how we organized who got what room in the beginning, but it works. 

Organized chaos, er, chaotic organization... One of those. 

I climb up a couple flights of stairs to reach my room. I push open the door with Jack R. Sparrow engraved on it and stand in the doorway.

All the memories, I remember when my father first brought me to Shipwreck cove when he was part of the Brethren. And then there was Mum. Might be surprising to some but being brought up by pirates wasn't the worst thing in the world. Some of our motives may not be the same as the stiff standing, bumbling idiots in wigs but we stick together.

I close the door and walk through the main living room and step out onto my balcony. I breathe in the sea spray and pull Bri's locket out of my coat pocket. I open it and read the message I had written inside.

For Bri, a beautiful sparrow free to take flight. See you in Tortuga Love, Jack

I snap the locket closed and put it back in my coat pocket. The docks below are lit with torches, so it's easy for me to see the different pirate flags waving in the breeze.

Drew's POV:

I turn to look at the door after I hear it open and close.

"Bri"

I smile and rise out of the chair I was sitting in. "It was good to finally see you again Captain Sparrow. Though that was quite a way to welcome me back."

He gives me a sly smile and slinks across the room to me. "I have to say that your entrance was far better. There must be something about the most famous female Captain of all the seven seas kicking in the door and starting to yell at the top of her lungs that gets people's attention."

I laugh. "Just another day being me."

Jack places his hands on my hips and pulls me closer. "And it was you that I missed."

***

I smile at Jack and raise an eyebrow. "You have quite some interesting moves. Sparrow, but I admit they're working on me."

He chuckles. "You've learned some new ones yourself, Rose. I'm sweating a little here."

I smile and shake my head as I peer at my dice once more. He and I are sprawled on the floor of my quarters playing liar's dice with a few stray rum bottles at our side.

Jack chuckles and takes another swig of rum before looking at his dice. "four fives"

I laugh and look at my dice. "five fives. But seriously Jack, it's your turn. Tell me something you've never told anyone."

He shakes his head "six fives. And I don't even know. Ehm... The Pearl actually used to be a Merchant ship. Your turn."

"I have never actually been caught or charged as a pirate. Six, sixes." I say with a daring look.

Jack takes another swig. "I'm out, you win."

I put up the dice and lean back on my elbows. "You didn't tell me anything."

He bites his lip and falls silent. "All of this..." He gestures around the room. "This war I've started. I never wanted any of it. Even growing up, I was never intentionally violent. My father was a pirate lord, my mother an ex Spanish Duchess. And we were happy. I still remember the first time that my father brought me here. The first time I looked over the harbor, lit by fire, I instantly knew. I wanted to be more than just a pirate. I wanted to do good and I wanted to be able to share my world with someone."