4

.

.

.

He eventually learned how to ride the motorbike and I would eventually learn how to ride it as well, then I would hop on with him and we would make red dirt fly.

I hurried and helped bring the chairs in and I heard Mick ride up on his bike.

"What's going on?" I turn to him and yell.

"Cyclone Mick!"

I couldn't wait to clean up the lovely mess in the morning.

I sigh as I get up and get dressed into some dark red knee shorts and a white tank. Stem must be cleaning up already. Why didn't he just wake me up? I thought as I slide on my boots. I fix my orange curly hair into a messy bun and go outside to see the group loading stuff in the back of Old man's truck.

"Stemple?"

"Yeah?"

"Get into the air. First off, we've got to find the mob. Help those that are bogged or trapped." Mr. Hudson says to my brother. "Little and Big, you get out to the west and Durah and Taylor Pete, you come with me to the northern plateau."

"What about me?" I turn to Mick, who also just showed up, asking his grandfather. He wore shorts, a button up shirt, and a cowboy hat.

"You look for the loose chickens."

He turns to me almost silently asking for help.

"Summers, we need you helping Abby and the kids."

"Yes sir," I turn to Mick and throw him an encouraging smile. 

That day another soul had joined our station. Blue, a crimson canine that Mick had found. Mick after that day on took car of him. We both did. It has been a year and Mick and I have gotten pretty close. He has told me all about Sydney and I told him all about the other stations including our own. We also did a lot of exploring, well, after our share of chores and homework.

lynnii

.

.

.