Part 25: The Gauntlet

TONIS POV

I grabbed my phone and dialled FP.

Toni: Hey FP, Cheryl told me about your little chat

FP: So, What do you say?

Toni: I'm not too sure, she could get seriously hurt

FP: The same as all of us, she has us to protect her and we have her to protect us

Toni: Yeah I told her about that, you know be willing to die for us and she was fine. I told her it was her decision and she could choose whether or not she would join so it looks like we got a new serpent on our hands

FP: I knew she would, okay so whats happening with the initiation?

Toni: Well I don't really want my girlfriend dancing half naked in front of pervy men

FP: I gathered, So what do you suggest we do?

Toni: A mans gauntlet but with the female serpents, I wouldn't take part though because I could never hit her, I would just wait at the end

FP: You know that's a great idea, I'll rally the serpents and the initiation will be tomorrow at 7:00 pm, okay?

Toni: Okay, thanks FP. See you tomorrow

I hung up the phone and walked into the sitting room where Cheryl was anxiously waiting "Okay so there is good news and bad news, the good news is you don't have to do the dance. The bad news is you have to do the gauntlet but female serpents hit you instead of male" I told her. "I demanded that I wasn't a part of this because I could never hit you" "You know Toni I wouldn't mind, its a one off." "Gee Cher thanks that means so much" I said sarcastically. "Wow would you tone down the sarcasm just a tad. So when is the initiation?" she asked. "Tomorrow at 7 pm" "Wow thats quick" "Yeah they want to add serpents quick so the more we have the more chance we have of beating any opponents that are thrown our way"

7 pm the next day

"Okay you ready Bombshell?" I asked. "Nope but will I ever be" "You will be fine I promise" I gave her a kiss. "Toni can I have a word?" FP asked. "Yeah whats up?" "One of the serpents have pulled out because they are sick so I need you to stand in" "You mean you want me to punch my girlfriend?" "Yeah, I know I'm sorry" "Which position?" he didn't say anything, he handed me brass knuckles "You have gotta be kidding me" "I know its a big ask but I need you to do this" "Are you sure there is nobody else to do it?" "No I've tried every possible person unless you have a guy stand at the end?" "Who were you thinking?" "How about Jughead?" I thought about it and I wanted to ask Cheryl. "Hey Cher so a bit of a problem, a serpent is sick so FP asked me to fill in, would you rather me or Jughead hit you with brass knuckles?" I asked. "Its up to you, I don't mind. Maybe Jughead he probably hits like a girl anyway" I giggled. "Okay, I'll inform Jughead, I love you. Good luck and I will be at the end" I kissed her.

CHERYLS POV

I couldn't show it but I was absolutely bricking it, I was sweating and I never sweat. "Cheryl Blossom, you now walk" I heard so I took a deep breath and started to walk. I moved about half an inch before I was punched in the stomach, all I could think was it was like the pain I felt when I was shot. I completely forgot about my injury, oh was this gonna end badly. I could feel bruising appear on my face. I was half way down and I started to feel blood trickle down my torso and face. I carried on until I reached the end and I saw Toni with the brass knuckles on. "Jughead wouldn't do it, I'm sorry" she said before she punched me in the face, oh god that one hurt. I fell to the ground and lay there for a second before I got back up. "Cheryl Blossom you are officially a Southside Serpent" FP said as he handed me my red jacket "Thanks FP" I felt Tonis arms around my neck. "Im so proud of you, you are tougher than you look." "Thank you, I may look tough but my wound certainly isn't so its best we patch that up before we end up in the hospital again" "Oh shit I completely forgot about that, I should've asked FP to postpone" "Well its done and let me just say one thing Jughead is a dick" "Again I'm right here" "Well if you were a good friend you would've stood in for Toni so she didn't have to hit me. You knew she didn't want to hit me but you made her" I exclaimed. "Look I would've done it but Betty would never forgive me if I punch her cousin so" "I'm sure she would've understood" "Here is Betty now, lets ask her, Babe would you forgive me if I hit Cheryl?" Jughead asked. "NO" she bluntly said. "Told you" "Come on lets go clean you up" Toni offered. "Yes please the blood is starting to dry and its not a nice feeling" I giggled. "Toni, how would you feel if I ask Sweet Pea and Fangs to move in for a while? I mean they are your besties and I want to get to know them better" "I mean if its okay with your Nana I'm sure they would accept" "I already spoke to my Nana and she said it was okay" "Well ask them now" "Pea and Fangs I want to ask you something" "Yeah Red, you want to go on a date with me that can be arranged" Sweet Pea joked. "No, I love Toni. I was wondering if you two would like to move into Thistlehouse for a while. I want to get to know you since we are family now" "I'm in" Fangs answered immediately "Yeah sure why not"  Pea added. "Yay, I can't wait and by the way just no mess and before you both ask you can bring girls AND guys around so don't feel the need to stay away" They both giggled and went to get Toni and I a drink. "I love you so much" I told Toni. "I love you more" We started to make out until the boys came back with our drinks.