Chapter One

"Astral!" Come inside; dinner is ready!" a voice called, making a Riolu perk his ears up. "Coming mom!" Astral called back. The pup sighed as he looked at the tree in front of him, delivering one last punch to the sturdy wood before leaving, a dreamy look on his muzzle as he realized what it was his mom was making. Opening the smaller door, Astral walked into the kitchen, his feet tapping lightly on the wooden floor. "Go wash your paws now," a deeper voice said from behind Astral, making him smile as he looked upward. "Sure thing," Astral replied before asking his dad if he could do the 'thing'.

"Okay," Asriel replied after a moment of feigned consideration, getting Astral to screech with delight when he was picked up, placed on his father's shoulders. "Do hurry this time; any slower and your food will have frost on it!" Brittney called after the two, getting Astral to giggle. "Sure thing mom!" Astral yelled back, making Asriel roll his eyes. "Quiet down; you don't want to wake your sisters do you?" Asriel asked, getting a shake of his head from Astral.

"They need there sleep," Astral said, casting a glance to his sister's room. Rosa and Blaze were just over a year old and already Astral's protective side had grown in and growing more every day. With a nod from his dad, Astral was led into the bathroom. Jumping off of his dad's shoulds, Astral landed on the floor with practiced ease. Even Asriel was impressed.

Once he was finished, Astral headed downstairs, his father soon following.
"I hope you're hungry. I may have made a little too much..." Brittney admitted with an embarrassed but sweet smile. "Don't worry. I know you tried your best, as always," Asriel pecked her cheek as Astral took a seat at the table, a fork and spoon in his paws. "I see that someone is ready to eat," Brittney chuckled, going and placing a plate in front of Astral, getting a chorus of thanks from the pup.

Astral happily dug in, his mouth quickly stuffed with rice/gravy casserole, a dish that his mother had made just for him. "So how is it?" Brittney asked, getting Astral to close his eyes as a serious look covered his face. "I taste too much salt; take out a pinch or two and it would be perfect," Astral said, giving his opinion like he was a food critic. A look of shock filled Brittney's face as she leaned against the counter in a mock swoon, a paw on her forehead. "Woes't me, I need to do better next time!" Brittney said, getting Astral to smile as he took a sip of his apple juice.

"What was the final word this time?" Asriel asked as he walked back into the kitchen, two Fennikin pups in his arms, both of which look like they were fully awake as they looked at there mother, one holding out her paws for her. "It looks like Blaze wants her mommy!" Brittney said, taking the kit from her husband, the fennikin giggling happily. "And it looks like Roze wants to stay with her daddy!" Asriel said, the fennikin nodding and holding onto his arm. 

Astral watched them with a smile on his face, and not just from the food. 'My sisters are so different; I wonder what they are going to be like when they are older?' Astral thought to himself. Despite only being eight, Astral tended to think to the future more than his parents expected. Astral smiled as his sisters began to eat, watching them fondly, remembering the day that he met them for the first time, stirring something in him that he never knew was a part of him. Droning out his mother and father as they talked about work, Astral focused on eating, staying silent, thinking to himself.

"So, I heard that a certain someone likes a Zorua," Astral heard his mother say, fighting down his blush as he looked down at his plate. "Yes, I did too. I believe her name was Suzanna?" Asriel said, Brittney, smiling as she looked at Astral, who met her eyes only briefly before focusing back on his food. "He is really turning out to be like his uncle Lerisa huh?" Asriel asked, getting Astral to smile fondly at the mention of his favorite uncle. "Speaking of which, he will be coming over in a week for a visit from Johto, just in time for a certain someone's birthday," Asriel said, looking like he suddenly remembered that; and in all honesty, he just did.

Astral couldn't help but smile; he was looking forward to turning nine, as that was the age Asriel promised him how to use aura- aura! Astral was too busy thinking about all the things he had seen his father do and failed to notice the cups on the table start to vibrate. "But that is for another time; it looks like you need to take a bath mister," Asriel said, picking up Astral before he could make a get away with a Quick Attack, something he usually does with the 'b' word was mentioned. Astral surrendered to his father, looking like a sad pup as he was carried away.

As Asriel and Astral left, Brittney carried Blaze and Roze to a separate bathroom, both of them squealing in delight when they saw the water, one of the few things they could agree upon. Keeping a close eye on the two, Brittney fetched them their pajamas, her thoughts returning to Astral. 'Why did the glasses start to vibrate like that? I wasn't using Psychic, nor do Blaze or Roze know how to do that. The way Astral smiled like that... is it possible he did it? I... I need to talk to Asriel about that,' Brittney thought, throwing on a smile as she took her pups a bath, her worried thoughts fading to the back of her mind as she had water-fun time with her two girls.

That is all for this chapter! The book shall continue as fast as we, I and Pokemonfan472, can write it! Thank you all for reading this book and sticking all the way through the first one! you guys are awesome!

Till next time,

Peace out mi Pokemans!