Chapter three

Astral jumped when a knock came from his room door, only to sigh when he heard his father's voice, telling him it was time to get up. "O-okay," Astral called back, his voice faint as he got up from his spot in the corner, having done all that he could last night; meditate. Astral rubbed his back as he got his clothes from his closet, pulling on a black shirt with blue shorts, the outfit made complete as he tied a blue and white bandana around his neck.

Walking out of his room, Astral was greeted by the smell of pancakes, making him smile a little. Stopping by the bathroom to brush his teeth, he walked downstairs, to just see his father sitting at the table, Blaze and Rose sitting at the table, both on either side of him as they ate. "Good morning Dad. Morning Blaze, Rose," Astral said, getting a wave from Blaze and a nod from Rose. "Good morning sweetheart; go ahead and take yourself a seat and your pancakes will be right out, alright?" Brittney called from the stove, getting a smile from Astral as he took a seat as instructed.

"How did you sleep?" Asriel asked immediately, noticing the bags that were underneath Astral's eyes, getting the Riolu to shake his head. "Don't wanna talk about it," Astral murmured, setting his head down on the table. If he were to have looked up, he would have seen the worried look both his father and mother shared. "Did you have a nightmare sweetie?" Brittney asked as she walked over to Astral, placing a comforting paw on his shoulder, a plate of pancakes placed down before him. Astral only nodded, gripping the tablecloth a little. "D-dad? What do you know about... Giratina?" Astral asked in a low voice, looking up. He was startled when he got a hard look from his father, the Mega Lucario standing up slowly. "Where did you hear that name?" Asriel asked, his voice calm but demanding, his gaze only wavering when he looked at his wife for a moment. Astral looked down as he took a breath, ready to tell what he saw in his dreams.

At that moment, the honk of the school bus could be heard, getting Astral to sigh a little with relief as his father took his eyes off of him. "Time to go to school kids!" Asriel said, getting both Rose and Blaze to stand up, the latter going to hug Brittney. "You three have a good day at school, alright?" Brittney told them, a loving smile on her face as she placed a kiss on each of their heads. "Will do Mommy!" Blaze replied with a giggle, getting both of her parents to chuckle.

Astral put on his backpack as he walked out of his home, smiling a little when he saw one of his friends on the bus waving to him. Astral ran over to the bus, jumping in and went to the back. As he did, he felt a warm sensation from his rune, getting him to grimace a bit as he sat down beside an Eevee named Julie. "Hey Astral! You don't look so good," Julie said gently, looking at him with some concern. Astral gave her a reassuring smile, saying it was nothing. "I just didn't sleep all too well last night; I had bad dreams last night," Astral replied, keeping his voice down, unaware that an ear was perked up in the seat in front of them.

"What do you mean?" Julie asked, her tone perked with curiosity as the bus started moving forward. "Well, I was visited by this odd... Pokémon, I guess, in my dreams. The Pokémon claimed to be Mew, and-," Astral began, only to get Julie to gasp. "Mew? The legendary Pokémon visited you in your dreams?" Julie asked, her tone containing nothing but awe. "Yeah. She told me about a bunch of stuff, telling me to search for others that have what she called a 'rune' on them but to be honest, I don't know where to start looking," Astral replied. "Rune? What is a 'rune'?" Julie asked. "Honestly, I don't know, but I think it is something that looks like this," Astral replied, moving his shirt enough to where Julie could see the rune on his shoulder.

"Wow! That looks so cool! What does it mean?" Julie asked, getting a chuckle from Astral as he corrected his shirt. "From what Mew told me, it means 'Pure of heart,' or something like that," Astral replied as the bus stopped with a loud 'hiss'. "Hmm... well, if you need help, I can lend a paw," Julie offered with a smile, getting one back from Astral. "Thanks, Julie. That really helps," Astral replied, getting a nod from Julie.

"Astral! Julie! What is up?" a voice called, getting Astral to grimace again as another surge of heat hit him. A Pikachu took the seat next to them, a backpack in his lap. "Hey, Zack! Nothing much, just discussing what Mew told-," Julie started, only to get a paw to her mouth by Astral. "Sorry Julie, but we need to keep our voices down; we don't want others to hear this," Astral told her, getting a nod from Julie. Switching spots with Astral, Julie leaned over and whispered everything into Zack's ear, his eyes widening when she was finishing up. "You mean something like this?" Zack asked, lifting the sleeve of his shirt.

A rune was on his shoulder, the silver almost looking like it was sparking. Astral felt an odd sensation when he saw it, his own rune flaring up with heat. "Brawn over mind, hold those you cherish close," Astral said before the feeling went away. Both Julie and Zack looked at him like he was acting weird. "Dude... what in the world?" Zack asked, lowering his sleeve as Julie shook her head.

At that moment, the bus stopped again, opening the doors. "Alright, everybody! Have a good day at school!" the bus driver told them, getting Astral to jump. "Alright. I will see you guys at lunch, alright?" Astral said, getting a nod from both Zack and Julie as they moved to get off of the bus.

'Today is going to be interesting,' Astral thought to himself.

Okay guys! This was a fun chapter for me to write, and I do look forward to writing the next one; hopefully the next one will be up a lot faster than this one!

Till next time,

Peace out mi Pokemans!