вυ∂

Bakugou Katsuki was a fox yōkai that traveled endlessly around the world for more than a human's lifespan. In this era, he has found himself lingering in a nearby town where livelihood exists.

"Look, it's a flower!"

The ash-blond yōkai found himself staring at the flower a female child had just pointed to. It was a tulip. A fully blossomed red tulip that sat atop on a faraway hill.

"Shh, don't point at it. It's cursed."

Bakugou frowned at the words of the mother who hushed her daughter, squinting at the red tulip from afar. Why would a mere flower be cursed?

"But why, mommy?"

"Never point at a flower that the 'boy' has touched. It will bring misfortune."

Bakugou snorted in amusement as the mother and daughter walked away, an aura of unease surrounding both of them. The fox seemed curious as to why it would be cursed, causing him to sprint up the hill with a gleam in his eyes.

That was when he met the 'boy' whom the mother was talking about. A very innocent and pure one.

The wind brushed against Bakugou's tail as he stared at the boy, allured by his beauty. The green-haired boy sat on the grassy hill, the breezy wind causing small leaves to get caught in his forest curls. The big green orbs shined with innocence and purity, more beautiful than any child he has ever seen in his lifetime.

The boy's fingers caressed the red tulip tenderly, a gentle smile placed on his lips as he stared at it with such affection—as if the flower was alive.

"Beautiful," the yōkai found himself whispering in awe. He has never seen someone so beautiful in his life; it was as if seeing an angel sent from heaven the first time.

The boy turned his head slowly and his bright eyes stared straight at Bakugou's scarlet ones, causing the fox to shiver out of his trance.

"Hello... there?"

The boy tilted his head in confusion and the blond felt himself hyperventilating as his heart pounded against his chest. Wasn't this like love at first sight?

"You can see me?" Bakugou asked in disbelief, waving his hand to make sure.

"Yes, I can. It's exactly the reason why the townspeople say that I'm cursed and mental," the boy's voice flowed like silk as he made a small smile.

"No wonder that woman said that..."

"What?"

"Nothing."

Bakugou made his way next to the boy and sat down next to him, taking a deep breath before asking,

"Why do they think you're cursed?"

"I was born with a peculiar illness. The doctors said I was destined to die when I reach the age of sixteen. Well, I just need to wait for ten more years."

Bakugou frowned as he asked, "How can you be so calm about it?"

"Humans eventually wither, just like how flowers do. That's why I'm not afraid if I die. Death is just part of nature," he explained, the small smile still intact.

Bakugou felt himself smirk. He was intrigued by the fragile human child. "You're smarter than all of the other humans I've met. I've watched many people die and they either cry or plead for help. You're the first to not give a damn fuck about it."

The boy's green eyes slightly widen at the inappropriate words but it soon faded.

"What's your name?"

"Midoriya Izuku."

"Hm... I'm Bakugou Katsuki."

The short talk soon dissolved and they ended up grinning at each other like dorks.

"You're pretty interesting," the fox mused.

"You too!"

"Heh, I've never talked with a human before. They never notice me."

"Really? This is the first time I've talked to a yōkai before too! I'm very interested in your species. I just never get the chance to since my parents won't allow me to go outside. They only permit me to stay here because they fear that I'll bring misfortune to the town," Midoriya rambled on with excitement.

"Hm... perhaps part of your illness is the ability to talk and see yōkai?"

"Perhaps..."

The two started chattering with each other on the hill until a feminine voice, that Bakugou considers annoying, called from a distance.

"Izuku, it's time to eat!"

"I guess I'll see you... let's meet tomorrow on this hill. Kay'?"

Bakugou nodded in consent as he sprinted off to his cave. He will be back on that hill and meet him again.

He guarantees it.

—————
The bud is the start of friendship and love, waiting to be bloomed.
—————