σffѕρяιиg

"Bakugou, snap out of it already!"

The blond rested on the same spot he sat with Midoriya on the grassy hill, the small light in his ruby orbs slowly dulling as each day passes.

It has been more than centuries ever since the passing of a certain unfortunate boy. Each day brought him a living hell as he tried to visualize Midoriya's face. The attempt of regaining the memory of the freckled cheeks to the big green eyes was getting more complex as time passed.

He could barely make out the angelic features without a dense fog concealing his features.

Silence echoed through the hill when Bakugou replied with his monotone face that stuck for the past years. It was almost as if the fox were dead on the inside, and slowly deteriorating on the outside.

The dog yōkai made his attempt to reach his hand out to the blond, calling to him, "Baku—"

A loud slap was heard, instantly shattering the serene aura that lingered in the air. Kirishima flinched at the contact and managed to stay optimistic and pessimistic at the same time.

"Bakugou... face reality already! He's dead! Can't you see? Do you really think he's gonna crawl out from underground and greet you again?"

Kirishima's voice shook violently as small tears broke the surface of his eyes. The red-head was not used to his best friend being so cold and quiet. It was as if he was a ghost that believed that he lived solely for one human, and it was that boy who he is like this for.

"I know..."

The fox replied, barely audible as he stared at the patch of tulips in front of him. He had buried Midoriya right under the flowers, sullenly hoping for a miracle to happen so maybe the cursed boy could have another chance in life.

"Then, please... I beg of you... stop mentally and physically destroying yourself. Do you know how many years you've been here for!? It's nearly 400 years since you've seen the outside world!"

"..."

The silent response came again and Kirishima sighed in distress, tired of the sight of his best friend being so lifeless. There has to be something—something to motivate him.

"... have you ever thought of the chance of reincarnation?"

Bakugou's head perked up, his eyes having slightly more light to them. He was more attentive than usual after hearing the thought as if he had just slurped a cup of coffee after waking up from a deep slumber.

"You mean...?"

"Exactly what you're thinking," Kirishima smirked while he placed his hands against both sides of his hips.

The duo both smiled—one with brilliance while the other was hopeful. All the blond had left was hope. Hope that he would be able to see his loved one once again.

Soon enough, they started roaming around the world, searching for the reincarnation of Midoriya. After traveling for a few days, Bakugou discovered something.

"This... doesn't look the same anymore," the blond said with wide eyes, awestruck written on his face. He was leaning both his hands on a glass pane of a convenience store, staring at the row of people that waited in line.

Not only were the humans wearing clothes that seemed eccentric in his eyes, but there were also new gadgets that the blond couldn't help but gape at.