Prelude To A Beautiful Stranger...

He wasn't supposed to notice that her skin was a deep ebony with golden undertones. Black girl, nah, scratch that... it was straight black queen magic! He damn sure shouldn't have been instantly enraptured by her equally dark eyes, a mouth that housed two full pouty lips, or the slim-thick frame perfectly sculpted to tease even the most innocent of men. She'd walked into the room and commanded his attention with her hips just a' swaying every which way. He couldn't help himself when his bottom lip slowly folded into his mouth at the sight of her. Damn, his brother didn't tell him his wife-to-be was a masterpiece!

"Zahra," his brother gently pressed her into his side when she neared them, "This is my younger brother, Knight..."

The first thought that invaded her mind while laying eyes on Knight Holloway was that it should've been a sin to be that fine. She knew she was setting herself up for failure when her gaze lingered longer than necessary. For some reason, she felt as if she needed to take him all in because he was definitely a sight to be seen. His strong jawline flaunted full lips surrounded by a neatly trimmed goatee that connected with his short dark hair. His skin was so deeply chocolate that it made the loosely white button-down shirt he'd worn more prominent.

He stood up when she neared him and held his hand out for her to shake, "Knight," He said, "But everyone usually just calls me Ruin."

Bait.

That's exactly what Zahra felt he was offering her despite her fiance, Ahmir, standing right by her side. She could tell from the soft squeeze of his calloused palm that he was giving her that look. It's that predatory stare down where a man appraises a woman and determines her worth in the first few moments of meeting her - when he chooses whether he'd like to bed her for a night or actually get to know her.

Even still, the look in Knight's eyes said "bed" her was just putting it nicely. She knew it and he clearly wasn't the least bit shy about it. His hand slowly fell to his side and that's when she noticed the fitted black slacks molded to his hips. Mmph... and he was well-dressed despite the simplicity in it. Those were all key elements that she would've taken pleasure in acknowledging. Again, if only it weren't for her fiance's happy introduction of the two and how they were soon going to be family.

Zahra wondered if he'd noticed their eyes trailing one another, but she gained her answer when he excused himself so that he could answer a business related call that left the two of them alone. "So Ms. Zahra..."He murmured, the soft chattering of their fellow restaurant-goers finally coming into play. He gestured for her to take one of the seats across from him, "We've got some business to tend to."