The Situation-NO-Ship...yet.

One - The Situation-NO-Ship...yet.

The morning BEFORE the meeting...

Zahra hurriedly glanced at the rose-gold apple watch fastened to her wrist, silently chastising herself for running a bit later than she'd intended. Her interior designing/decor business, Arrangements by Z. Scott, had quickly picked up leverage within the last few years and she was forever grateful for the success. If she wasn't traveling to meet the needs of her clients in other parts of the world then she could be found in the bustling city of Atlanta.

"On my way up to the office now," She answered, her fingers connecting with the small Bluetooth device in her ear. She entered the lobby in a hurry, barely stopping to acknowledge the young eccentric woman that occupied the circular receptionist desk on a daily basis. "Good morning Ms. Scott..." She announced, her light voice managing to grasp her attention. Zahra tapped her desk, making her peer at her with a small smile, "Same to you, Jade. I'm lovin' this new hair color by the way." She added, making note of the violet-tinted dreads she'd piled on top of her head in a messy bun. Before Jade could respond the telephone rang, forcing her to answer it instead, "Thank you for calling, you've reached Arrangements by Z. Scott, this is Jade.."

Zahra took that as her cue to leave and headed towards the elevator. It had just taken back off to another floor when she reached it. "Ugh, come on." She hammered the 'UP' button repeatedly although she knew that wouldn't make it return any faster. "It'll get there on its own time," That was her assistant, Jacoby, whom she'd forgotten she hadn't hung up the phone with yet. "Laugh it up now, and watch me deduct a few coins from you! You must've forgotten that I'm the one that signs your checks." His chortling quickly subsided then. She could picture him rolling his eyes at her. "Uh huh, you're quiet now. Fix your face!" She teased, the elevator finally meeting her.

"I'll be the one telling you to fix yours in a minute, boss lady... especially when you catch a glimpse of who's here to meet you. It's the queen of the Holloway's and you know how she is."

"Well, that was everything I didn't need to hear this morning." Zahra heaved a deep sigh and began smoothing her hands over her outfit of choice. For a moment, she began to contemplate on if the mauve pantsuit she'd chosen to wear was too much. She already knew that her 'future mother-in-law' was going to find an issue with it and a slew of other things to complain about. "Don't stress it, Zee! You're successful, beautiful, and worth more than gold. If your fiance's old hag of a mama can't see that, then that's on her." She burst into another fit of laughter with a shake of her head. That Jacoby Phillips! He was more than just her assistant, he was also one of her dearest friends.

"Thanks, Coby, you knew I was about to be in my head, huh?"

"But of course, because it happens every time that shady woman comes around. I mean I know her son is fine and all, but it ain't never that serious if you gotta deal with the damn wicked witch of the west to marry into the family!" The elevator sounded, signaling that it'd made its way to her destination on the third floor. She ended the call on her headset and ambled towards her office, the clear glass panels showcasing the back of the woman she didn't want to see. "Apparently, she needed to be seen before you're allowed to start your day," Jacoby revealed, his gaze shifting between his planner and computer screen. His area was strategically placed right before one could reach her office.

"Don't you dare go into YOUR office without YOUR confidence! Shoulders back and head held high, queen!" He fussed, playfully waving her off. It was a shame that her best friend needed to remind her of who she was whenever Esther came around. Zahra's confidence never wavered any other time except whenever she was in her presence. She took a few deep breaths and pulled open the glass door, her eyes instantly colliding with those of Esther's hazel ones.