[The worst nightmare]

It had been a cold and windy night, prince Kaneki, his parents, the guests and his servants were celebrating among one another when he heard a knock.

A very unusual sound in the middle of the night. It was as soft as the wind, but as clear as the music which was filled up in the castle.

Prince Kaneki went out and saw an old women outside his gate. "C-can you p-please let m-me in, k-kind s-sir? I-I need s-shelter and f-food..."

Prince Kaneki looked at her and gave her a boastful laugh. "HA HA HA HA... do you think I would even provide it to a person like you?!"

The woman smirked, knewing that he was selfish, boastful and proud, for she was a magical woman.

She cursed him, saying, "Because of your selfishness and boastfulness, I will curse you even to the end of your life. But since I am giving mercy to help you, there is a cure to it."

The prince soon realised a kagune suddenly came out of his back, the iris of his left eye became red and the sclera of his left eye became black.

The woman gave him a mirror. "Look at yourself for what I have done to you. By the way, if you get out of the curse, you better remember my name. My name is Rize."

The prince looked on the mirror with gasps and horror and began to fall to the ground on his knees and begged for forgiveness. "Please, Rize... at least tell me the curse you have done to prevent my people from getting hurt and tell me the cure in order to set me free..."

The woman was kind enough to tell him. "The curse is there will be a rose to be given to you now... and if your anger kept rising everytime, everyday, a petal of the rose will fall. Beware, because there is only ten petals. A kindness from you, a petal revived to the rose. If all of your petals dropped, you will die. If you found a girl who is kind and sweet, and if you treated kindness to her, she will give you a kiss. And that kiss will turn yourself back to normal."

Then she was gone.