Part 13

Ragini was shocked and scared to see her dadi moving towards the cupboard where Laksh was hiding. She was about to open but Ragini came in between and gave a confused look while asking "What's going on here?"

Her dadi moved away from her making Ragini sigh in relief. A person from the group replied what Dida told them. Ragini gave them a surprised look and said "Thief? That too in my room!? No! Not possible! I am sure about it."

"We will make sure of it after checking that cupboard!" said Dadi without looking at Ragini. Ragini gulped and said "If that's what you want, I will check it and you guys check in other corners."

Everyone once again gone to check while Ragini slowly opened the cupboard making sure no one is watching her. When she opened it, she saw Laksh looking at her with someone-had-caught-me!

But when he founds that it was Ragini he sighed in relief and gave her a fake angry face and turned his head towards other side

But when he founds that it was Ragini he sighed in relief and gave her a fake angry face and turned his head towards other side. Ragini narrowed her eyes at him and threw a shawl on him. Laksh was shocked and was about to say something but she closed the door and turned around trying hard to hide her smile. When she turned around the color drained from her face on seeing her Dadi already looking at her with narrowed eyes.

"Is anyone there?" asked Dadi with stern face.

"N-no" Ragini stuttered and muttered slowly.

Dadi glared at her cupboard and said "That old lady had pranked everyone! Let me teach her a lesson."

With that she walked outside and everyone followed her. Ragini immediately locked the door and merged her back with it sighing in relief. Laksh who heard the locking of door, slowly peeked outside making sure no one is inside. Once he was sure, he came outside and saw Ragini near the door with closed eyes. Outside they heard Dida and Dadi having Tom and Jerry fight but they were least worried about it.

Ragini sighed and opened her eyes to only to see Laksh already looking at her with narrowed eyes. She too narrowed her eyes at him and said "See! Because of you, I initiated a fight between Dadi and Dida."

"Like, you have never done it before!" Laksh blurted the words unknowingly while rolling his eyes. Ragini took a sharp breath. Her now changing heart becomes hurt to hear these words... that too from Laksh. Without her own knowledge, her eyes welled up in hurt and shame. She no longer could look at him. Her head bowed down in shame for what all she had done in past. And for the first time she regrets what all she had done in past! When Laksh gets to know what he had said, he regrets it... but it's too late. Seeing her feeling hurt and disgust on herself made him to feel vulnerable and knowing he himself is the reason behind it made him feel angry on himself and disgusted for saying those words and hurting her.

He took a step forward to touch her shoulder but she took a step back still looking at the ground. Tears escaped through her eye lashes and falls on the ground. Her each and every tear were like an arrow to his already bleeding heart. He felt himself getting tears in his eyes. He ignored those tears and said in a wounded tone "Ragini... I am..."