Chapter 18 - Eva

Chapter 18

(Eva)

Three Months Later.

Three long and dreadful months had passed since Eva had picked out her dress for the coronation. She had waited patiently for school to end and with hard work and dedication Eva somehow managed to pass and graduate. Yet she couldn’t just take all the credit for what had happened through the rest of the year. Mitchell was smarter than he let on and he was the one that helped Eva finish all her makeup work. Without his help Eva surely wouldn’t have been able to pass her senior year.

After managing to graduate Eva had gotten her mother to allow her to move out and into the cabin with the rest of her new pack. Though her mother wasn’t very thrilled about her daughter skipping out on college and staying with a pack of wolves, Eva had managed to convince her otherwise. Her mother had even said she could do whatever she wanted once she got out of high school and Eva decided she wanted to move in with the pack.

Eva was dancing around her new room, her headphones in her ears. She was supposed to be getting ready for the coronation but she found it just too hard to focus when all she could think about the upcoming dance with Mitchell. She had been practicing her dancing skills since Mitchell had first been to her house. They hadn’t been practicing together very often but Eva had made sure she was up to speed on the latest ballroom dancing movements.

“Eva? What are you doing?” A voice called through the door and Eva skipped over. She turned the doorknob and opened the door, smiling up at Mitchell’s bright eyes. He grinned down at her, leaning on the door frame. Eva grabbed him by the front of the shirt, pulling him down for a long kiss.

“I wasn’t expecting that but I’m not complaining.” Mitchell murmured, pushing into the room and leaping onto the bed. Eva followed behind him jumping up beside him. Mitchell turned over, propping himself up on his elbow and looking down at her. Eva grinned, unable to help the happiness that spread through her. The relationship between her and Mitchell had gotten better and better ever since he had taken care of her after Adam left. Though he was no match to the comfort Adam gave her Mitchell was very close.

“When does Evan want us to be ready?” Eva asked quietly as Mitchell’s fingers ran gently over her cheek. A large smile spread across his face.

“We’re supposed to be getting ready right now. That’s why I came to your door. You just so happened to distract me.” Mitchell answered, a sly grin on his face. Eva blushed, giving him a light smack on the forehead. Mitchell was still grinning, leaning down and giving Eva a light kiss on the cheek.