Chapter 10

Ruqayyah's POV

"Relax, I know what you mean. Yes, I do have girlfriends, like you." He says and if my face was red before then now I don't even know anymore.

"Okay, can you stop laughing at me?" I ask because he laughed again after he said I was one of his girlfriends.

"Okay, I'm sorry," Finally, "My parents are like that only with my sister, they don't mind me having friends from the opposite gender."

"Oh, why is that?" I ask because for me that is kind of unfair, to not use another word.

"Because I'm a guy apparently."

"Apparently? So you don't know your gender?" I play, making him chuckle, "But yeah, this typical thought most parents have. 'You are a boy and you are a girl, you can and you can not'" I sigh in relief that I do not have brothers. Sometimes I wish I had them but then when I think of situations like this, I am glad not to have them.

"Yeah, you got it. Do you have brothers?" He asks maybe because I was talking as if I knew a lot about it but I just know because my friend Zeinab has an older brother and it is like that with her as well. Once, she even ran away from home when everyone was asleep at midnight because her mum let her older brother go out to his friend's house at night and didn't let her go to a sleepover. She was planning on sleeping in the streets but got too scared and at one in the morning there she was throwing rocks at my window, I opened the door for her and we were caught by my older sister, we woke up 6 in the morning to take her home so no one would know she slept over. She was only 10 years old when she did that, and no one to this day knows about that. We've got ourselves in so much trouble back in Spain. Me and those two, Zeinab and Dina, we were unstoppable for sure. I can't deny that I did have a great childhood. Perhaps that's why I don't really mind my strict parents. I've already explored what I had to explore. 

"No, I don't have any brothers, we are all girls,"

What should have been only five minutes, felt like one minute.

"We are here, I'm going to call her to come out," I say when we arrive.

"Why can't I come in?"

Is he serious?

"Oh, I get it, you don't think that's appropriate." He nods knowingly.

"Sorry," I give a weak smile.

"No, I get you. Go on, tell her someone is waiting for her, but don't say it's me." He says and I smile knowingly.

By the time I enter my dorm, Aisha was getting ready to leave. She was wearing a white shirt and black trousers with a coat on top.

"Oh, hey, where did you go?" She asks stepping back.

"Assalamu Aleykum. I went to Felicia. Where are you going?"

"I was going... I'm just going to get some annotations from my classmate." She stammers a little.

"Alright, but there is someone waiting for you outside." I say and she immediately smiles.

"Who?"

"You'll know," I return the smile and she gives me a quick hug before saying goodbye and leaving.

I sigh in relief, I really needed time alone. I feel exhausted, for no reason, I haven't really done anything besides going to class.

I do wudhu and pray Maghrib and I lay down on my bed and rest there for a little while.

I didn't notice when I fell asleep, but I'm now waking up to the sound of some laughing outside the door. I grab my phone and it was 22:00. SubhanAllah, I slept until this time? And now that I woke up I don't think I can sleep anymore at least until I pray Fajr. That's why I don't like to take naps, but today I just couldn't stay awake.
I hear laughing outside again and decide to check what it is.