Chapter 4

Minhee's Pov

I was able to find a last minute plane ticket to Seoul leaving at 3 am tomorrow. And I would have to arrive in Seoul at 10 pm.

Who knew 10-year-olds had to go through this much!

I have always known how to go through the airport the easiest way possible as my parents had to bring me along business trips ever since I was little.

This all may be just a dream that could fail. But at this point, I have nothing to lose.

My friend Cho Ji-woo I met her through our parents being friends. Her parents got transferred to Korea. If I find her maybe she could help me. Currently, I don't have anywhere to go. I don't think I have a family.

I pay for my flight ticket through my parents' credit card. While I'm at it I grab a few pounds along with my own money so I can exchange it with Korean won later on. I feel guilty of course. But this will probably be the last time I'll ever see them. And I'll forever be grateful for the lessons they have taught me.

- time skip, after the flight -

Arriving during night time is rather scary. But it makes me feel better seeing other adults with children around me.

I sigh and walk outside. I hail a taxi over.

I tell him to go to the JYP company building.

I understand that I should stay in a hotel but I did not bring enough money for me to be able to buy all the necessities I need.

Maybe if I'm lucky enough I could get a job.

The taxi arrived and I thanked him handing the money he needs.

I exhale the air I held and a small light fog released from my mouth due to the cold.

I found a little bench next to the building.

I sit down on it putting a big jacket over me and I attempt to sleep. It was difficult as I had jet-lag, it was cold, and the bench was plainly uncomfortable. But nonetheless, I fell asleep waiting for the sun to rise and have me perform my dance that determines if I can pass to be a trainee.

\(-•-)/ all dialogue will be spoken in Korean written in English \(-•-)/

I was woken up by some saying "excuse me little girl" in Korean.

I sit up and rub my eyes to wake me up.

I stretched my arms and yawn but stop mid-yawn as I notice CEO jyp is standing in front of me looking rather confused.

I stand up quickly probably scaring him in the process and I bow 90 degrees in respect

"H-hello" I felt slightly intimidated

"Hello, what's your name?"

"Park Minhee, it is nice to meet you Jyp CEO-nim" I stand straight to talk to him properly

"Come inside, why are you sleeping out here" he rushes us inside as he must be feeling cold as well

I look at a clock and it said it's 5 am. Auditions start at 9 and idols start dance practice early as well.

Jyp CEO-nim leads me to what seems to be his office.

"Could I ask you some questions?" He asks me and I simply nod my head.

"Why were you waiting in front of the building when you can be home"

"I will be auditioning at 9 sir" I smile respectfully

"I noticed you have an accent, where are you from?"

"I am from England"

"And where are your parents?"

I hesitate to answer. "My parents.. don't support my choices. I've come alone and I don't have anywhere to stay which is why I slept outside.." I frown

"I hope you're aware that you can't sign without your parent's consent" he points out and I slowly nod in sadness

"How about you prove to me that you're hardworking and extremely talented. I have already seen your singing audition. You did extremely well and have impressed many. If you prove yourself worthy to be a trainee here, I'll take care of all the papers and since you have nowhere to stay you can stay with me if you would like to." Jyp CEO-nim offers me

I agree to his offer telling him I will work hard and prove myself to him. He makes me extremely grateful due to him being so generous without even knowing if I'll pass. But I can tell that it seems like he has faith in me.

Park Jinyoung POV

I can tell. Park Minhee is different from all kids I have met. She may have told me even less than half of what her real story is but I want to help her and have her open up to me.

I know she will pass the auditions as I can tell she has the passion to learn and get better. When I look at her I see a little girl who is a ball of sunshine ready to accept any challenge that comes her way.

She would not have come all this way to Korea just to be disappointed. And even if she does not pass then she would have had to face life's challenges all by herself.

But since I have found Minhee before something bad could happen to her, I want to help her as much as I can and help her reach her goal of becoming an idol.

-=+=-

Leedle leedle leedle

-=+=-

Published: Sept 6th, 2018