Prologue

'Balam: In Christian demonology, is a great and powerful king (to some authors a duke or a prince) who commands over forty legions of demons. He gives perfect answers on things past, present, and to come, and can also make men invisible and witty.'

Tobias closed the book, that was all he needed to know, that was the demon he needed to summon. They all had laughed when he told them he wanted to be the greatest warlock of all time, but that was going to be no more. He was going to prove them all wrong. Based on his investigations, if Balam could see past, present and all the possible futures, he could also open a small bridge between space and time. If that proved to be true, he was going to become the most powerful warlock alive. Screw that, he was gonna become the most powerful creature alive ever.

They all thought he was too young to try anything. That his magic wasn't even strong enough to prevent the weakest demon to escape. But when the time came, he will make those unbelievers suffer.

He drew the pentagram for its summoning and bought all the things he was going to use. Just when he was ready to start, he remembered, this was the first greater demon he summoned.

Maybe I should wait longer..., he thought, No! They are going to laugh at me, they're gonna think I'm a coward... I have to do this now.

And before his common sense could tell him that this was insane, he summoned Balam.

Everything was going just fine, the demon appeared and even though it tried to escape, it couldn't. Tobias was proud that he could hold a greater demon, but while he felt admiration for himself, he lowered the defences. Suddenly, there's an explosion that takes out all the floor.

Balam took advantage of the situation. He had escaped.

But not before taking the life of the one who thought was powerful enough to hold him.

Miles away from this, in the beautiful city of London, a group of Shadowhunters, a free-wheeling bisexual warlock and his sons had arrived. Not knowing of the danger that was unleashed by a foolish 17-year-old warlock, son of an insignificant demon who thought he could play God... or Doctor Who, for that matter.

***************************************************************************************************************

I am really looking forward to this fanfiction. I hope you like it as much as I do.

I'll try to update as soon as I can, BUT remember that I have other stories which you are very welcome to check them out.

Comment. Vote. Follow (if you want).