Chapter 1: The Displacement

I don't own any pictures I may use.

I looked around in wonder, I'm really at Zombie-Con. It was my first time ever and I was so excited to meet the voice actors of the Walking Dead. I was a huge fan of the game since it came out, and so many people were cosplaying as zombies or characters from the game.  

Well, I was no good either. I had dressed as my all time favorite, Clementine. The oldest version though, I'm not that small.

I had a pair of big boots that almost went up to my knees, a jacket that had a small hood, a dirty t-shirt underneath it and had my hair in pigtails. I could have cut my hair to go extreme cosplayer, but I couldn't quite part with it for a small detail. One thing that was dissappointing was that I didn't have her hat, it was rather difficult to get a custom made hat.

There were vendors trying to sell replicas of guns, mini figurines and other stuff. I wasn't interested and kept wandering into the room were one could stand in line to meet the voice actors. I looked at the long queue and sighed, oh well, that's what I get for being slow-minded.

After what seemed like ages, it was finally my turn and I got to meet the famous Dave Fennoy. I nervously walked up and handed him my photo of all the characters, "That's a great costume you got there, did you make it yourself?" I nodded and smiled, "Yeah, it's my first con. It's great to meet you!"

He chuckled deeply and signed my picture, "Have a great day, 'Sweetpea'" I giggled and walked to Melissa Hutchison. (I've never been to a con before so I don't know how things work)

Deep inside me, I was fangirling superhard, but on the outside I was smiling and quietly handing her my photo. Melissa smiled widely once she saw my costume and started speaking to me while acting like Clem, and it was so fricking adorable.

"Woah, you look just like me! Who are you?" I blushed and quietly replied with a small voice, "My name's Sparrow" She just smiled, wrote her autograph and gave me a quick hug. I gave her a huge smile and a quick kiss on the cheek, 'cause that was just something I do. 

"Good luck, you goofball" I practically sparkled and then continued to visit the other voice actors.

*Timeskip*

I was almost jumping in joy and I felt my money swish around in my pocket. Maybe I could buy one final momento to remember this day? Many of the street vendors were quite busy, but one small booth in the corner was unseen by everyone but me. 

A young girl was sitting on a small stool with a table in front of her and seemed quite sad. Not wanting her to feel bad, I approached her. When the girl looked up, I swear, her eyes brightened up to a new level. I quickly smiled, "Can I see what you have, miss?" She quickly nodded, her black hair swishing around her head.

She bent under the table and picked up a box I didn't see before and hurriedly placed every object in a neat order. I was honestly stunned, the stuff she had were so alike the originals that I couldn't see the difference at all. 

I scouted the table and my eyes landed on something familiar. The blue and white cap was torn in some places with blood splatters on it. It was an exact replica of Clementine's cap, which I needed to complete my costume. 

Another thing I saw was a beautiful dragon statue that could fit in my hand. 

(Just imagine that it's standing on it's claws)

The dragon was absolutely gorgeous, I had to get it as well as the hat. Reaching into my pocket, I grabbed my wallet, "How much does the blue dragon and the cap cost, miss?", I asked kindly. 

The girl quickly counted and came to a conclusion, "That'll cost you 27 dollars, ma'am." I checked my wallet and counted 40 dollars, I guess it's takeout for dinner then.

I handed her my money and got my momentos. Both had great details and I knew I would treasure them forever.

Then a splitting headache burst forth in my head and I screamed and fell to my knees. The pain was unimaginable, it was like getting an axe stabbed into your head milions of times, just ten times worse. People were rushing to my aid, but they stepped back in shock when I started to fade away.

I convulsed, then I was gone.