Chapter Three

In Chapter Two, Rachel and Tyrone shared an intimate encounter. Will Rachel let what happened to her in the past keep her from envisioning a future with Tyrone? Will her anger continue to fester until she does something incredibly dangerous?

----------

I can't sleep so I figure I'll pay another visit to the Hopson's to see what I can fuck up. I don't start my shift at Red Lobster until 11:00. That means, I have time to scope out the Hopson's house to see when they leave. It's a quarter 'til 7:00 when I head out so I get to their place a little after 7:15.

Once again, I park across the street at a house with a 'For Sale' sign in the yard. If any of the neighbors just happen to glance out their windows, they'll probably just assume I'm checking out the vacant house. I browse Facebook as I wait.

Donny is the first one to leave. I know that he teaches math at the St. Petersburg College Mid-town campus. So that's where he's probably heading.

A few minutes later, I watch as Sabrina exits the house. She's carrying a cake and balloons. One of the balloons is shaped like a number three. I assume they're for a child. Maybe she's a teacher. She places all the stuff in her car, gets in on the driver side and leaves.

Double checking to make sure the coast is clear, I get out my car and walk up to the house. I enter through the gate and climb through the bathroom window which is still unlocked. To be so smart, these motherfuckers are dumb. Why would they not check to make sure all their windows are locked? What if I wanted to rob them?

On this visit, I don't worry about the bathroom. There's no need to waste time in there. I head straight for their bedroom and look around. What can I do that they won't be able to detect? If I cut up any of their clothing, they'll know someone's been inside the house and might alert the police.

My eyes land on all of Sabrina's hair care products on top of the dresser and I smirk. I just so happen to remember there was a bottle of Elmer's glue in the closet the other day I broke into their house. I retrieve it and go to work pouring the glue into her leave-in conditioner, moisturize, and I even mix some in her Eco Styling gel. I hope that bitch goes bald. Satisfied with that feat, I go put the glue back where I'd found it.

Once again, when I step out of the bedroom that damn dog rushes towards me and starts yapping. I don't really dislike animals so I won't kick it again. But since it's the Hopson's dog, I'll have to figure out its fate.

I stop to admire the aquarium of fish in the living room. I see a can of goldfish flakes next to the aquarium and wonder if I can overfeed them and have them floating belly up. Probably not. That would probably take more than one day to accomplish. Besides, them finding a dead goldfish or two wouldn't even faze them. Fish die every day.

An idea pops into my head. I know exactly what I'll do to their dog.

I go in the kitchen and search the cabinets. They're so bourgeois they might not have any. But after looking in the bottom cabinet under the sink, I spot a box of Decon rat poison. I see the big bag of dry dog food by the refrigerator. I pour some of the Decon into the dog food. Since the dry morsels of kibble are different colored, the greenish poison blends right in. I give the bag a good shake to mix it all up.

"R.I.P. Fur Ball."

I grab the carton of salt and open the refrigerator. I pure salt into the orange juice, the milk, and the bottles of soft drinks that are opened. I take out a package of sliced ham and drop it on the floor. I step on the meat and then put it back into the container.

"Enjoy, bitches."

I wish I had to pee, I'd do it in their ice tray.

When I turn to put the salt back, I hear keys jangling in the front door. What the fuck? If I get caught in their house, I'll probably end up in jail. My heart starts pounding like a crack head that just hit the pipe, and I race for the first door I see. Thank God it's not locked. I rush into the dark room and catch my breath.