Chapter 4 (Something different about her.)

Dawnpaw was in trouble. "Collapsing on a tour of the territory!" exclaimed Larkpool. "She must be punished, Sunstar!" "That's enough, Larkpool." Sunstar's amber eyes met his daughter's. "You said you saw something, Dawnpaw , tell me, what is that?" "I saw Rosepaw taking care of me, Sunstar." Dawnpaw blurted out. Sunstar looked at her, interested. "But that's not the strangest thing. Rosepaw....she called me Dawnstar." Dawnpaw knew that Larkpool would be angry,and Sunstar would be confused. But Dawnpaw knew what she saw. "She was having a, a.....a halluciation, that's what!" yowled Larkpool. "No, Larkpool, I must talk to the medicine cats." Sunstar answered. "You better go do the elders ticks, Dawnpaw." bowing her head in shame, Dawnpaw ran off.

***

Well, Dawnpaw learned never to get dizzy again. "Oi! You missed a big one, Dawnpaw! Right on my belly! Get it for me now!" Halfpool, the world's crankiest elder ever, was ordering Dawnpaw around. Again. His mate, Icestorm,was more sympathetic. "Halfpool,fetch me a mouse, will you? I must talk to Dawnpaw." Halfpool padded out. "How come you're not exploring the territory like the other apprentices?" asked Icestorm. Dawnpaw felt uncomfortable again. "I-I-I got dizzy on p-p-patrol." she stamered. "Dawnpaw, you saw Rosepaw helping you, didn't you?" Dawnpaw gasped. "How did you know?" Icestorm looked at Dawnpaw with her strange eyes.

"You're a Seer, like me."