06

"Casey, get up." 

I woke up from a dream of me being woken up in my own dream. I hadn't gotten a text from joey which made me anxious, but then again I could see why. I wasn't being honest with him.

I looked around at my beside clock which printed exactly 3:30 am. Since my bladder was heavy, I decided to go pee quickly and look around for a midnight snack after.

I peeped my head outside of my door and began to walk downstairs. The light in the kitchen was on, Christopher had probably forgot to shut it off earlier.

To my surprise, Mikey was in the kitchen enjoying a glass of milk with Oreos. 'Didn't think you'd be up this late" I say taking a few Oreos out the package. 'I could say the same to you.' He chuckles taking a sip of his milk.

'I can't sleep, joey hasn't texted me since he left.' I look up to Mikey. He rolled his eyes 'Yeah well you guys always work it out anyway. I could never imagine you doing him wrong.'

My face flushed a deep shade of pink 'Well, I have a confession.' He slowly chewed on his cookie and eased into it 'What is it..'

'Well while we were on our break, I hooked up with this guy named Steven.' He gasped in shock and shook his head 'is that what he was so mad about?' I nodded and Mikey chuckled.

'I wonder how he'd react if me and you ever did anything.' I shrugged 'it's not like we would, we're cousins.' He chuckled slightly 'step cousins.' After his statement, he went upstairs and I followed back up into my room not too long after.

Just as I got into bed, my phone screen lit up the room.

'You up?'

A text from joey. I looked at it awhile and let a million thoughts run through my head. He was obviously thinking about things too. I texted him back 'yeah, why?'

A few minutes passed by until he texted back. 'Can I come over? I wanna talk.' I told him yeah and fell asleep waiting for him to come over. I couldn't tell exactly how much time passed before I heard him call out my name in my sleep.

When I awoke, I gave a faint smile and sat up. He smiled back and sat beside me taking a significant amount of air in. 'I'm sorry for not telling you. Can you just hear me out?'

He nodded and I continued 'I was hurt, lost, and confused. Everything we did was just because I was missing something and when everyone found out I didn't want to speak to him anymore. I wanted to tell you I really did but I didn't want to hurt you.'

'It wouldn't have hurted if you told me. But it hurts now because you didn't. I'm glad you explained it, but it still hurts'

Before I could say anything back, I felt a rush of dizziness and a pain in my stomach. I held my side and leaned over in the bed making him alarmed. 'You alright?' He said quickly.

I nodded 'y-yeah I'm okay. Just not feeling too good.' He nodded 'probably from the stress. We don't have to talk about it ever again after today, okay?'

'Alright.' I say back pulling the covers over me. I allowed him to invite himself under my covers and wrap me under his warm embrace.