13

"When were you going to tell me?"

We got to joeys house rather than my own, it was early around three in the morning. There were still boxes of things lying around in his room, his bed frame even taken apart leaving just his mattress.

I knew he was happy, and I didn't want to take that away from him . He was more excited than I was to finally be able to move in together. He and chad and his other close friends would get to spend time over with us. On top of that, he would have a family starting, but would it be his ?

'How long have you known?' He raises and eyebrow, folding his arms across his chest. 'Almost a week now.' I say looking away from him.

A smile grew onto the corner of his lips and he kissed my forehead gently 'I'm going to be the best dad I can, I promise' Seeing him so happy made my happy myself, but realizing that the happiness wouldn't last long is what made me sad. I had to tell him before he got too excited.

'Can we talk really quick?' I asked sitting in his bed. He nodded and sat beside me listening to what I had to say. 'Well first, I'm sorry for lying. The doctors told me it was never s stomach bug, I was actually pregnant turned out.' I said.

He nodded and waiting for me to continue. 'Well..in Spain..' I started. Once I spoke the word Spain he shifted uncomfortably but kept all focus on me. 'W-when I..when me and Steven...we didn't use anything..' I looked away.

Confusion on his face started to grow because of how I was trying to run around the truth. Some part of me felt like he knew what to imply, but he didn't want to. He wasn't ready for that kind of mental damage.

'I'm three months.. joey I either came to Spain pregnant or got pregnant in Spain.' There it was, like a shot to his fragile heart. He Layed back in his bed, not saying a word.

I kept quiet and so did he, awkward tension started to build and I could tell he was stressed because of the way he covered up his face. I felt bad, the choices I made could ruin my relationship. There's no fixing that now.

After awhile he sat up and ran his fingers through his hair. 'Well I guess we'd better get Steven down here for a paternity test.'

'Already? What if we just wait till it's-'

'I can't wait that long. I love you Casey, I really do. I know you had sex with him when we were on a break but..if it's not mine I don't think I'd be able to be with you and a constant reminder of you got with some other guy.'

Words spoken from a broken heart, I had no idea how to feel for him. In the spot he's in, in the situation might be terrible. Hearing him talk about it made me think everything over again.

For go long i put myself first, or worried about myself. It was my fault Chris didn't go to college and my fault joey didn't finish. It was my fault he and Charles weren't friends anymore and my fault Andie felt unwelcomed with her own group of friends.

Putting myself first could happen anymore, I'd have another human to put first. Before me and joey, the thought brought me stress and joy. The more stressful part was going to to be telling Steven I may or may not be carrying his baby.