Chapter Four - We Are One

The Hollywood Bowl is only 20 minutes or so from our hotel so it was only a quick drive. Thankfully. I couldn't contain my excitement for much longer. We make our way to our allocated spaces right at the front of the standing area by the stage and as I look around I realise how many people there actually are here! Thousands surely? There's got to be at least 10,000 people here. The concert sold out pretty quickly and at the end only competition winners were getting their hands on tickets.

"I'm going to go and get us drinks before it starts." Says Damien.

"No need! I brought loads of things from the mini bar with me!" Eliza grins as she pulls out multiple mini bottles of vodka and rum.

"I love how you're only ever prepared when it comes to alcohol." Mila laughs.

"Hush, you know you wouldn't be able to function without me bringing my drinks bag out with us!"
Mila smiles and shrugs, taking a bottle from Eliza.

The music begins to pick up around the venue and people begin dancing to the loud bass line. The beat drops as the first acts walk onto the stage. The party is off to such a good start, especially when a local DJ begins his set on stage. The four of us dance throughout the night and cheer when J. Balvin walks on stage. He sees me part way through singing 'Ambiente' and points to me in the crowd and winks. We laugh and continue to dance to the music.
It's nearing the end of the night. Maluma was to be headlining so he must be coming on stage soon! There are a couple more singers on stage including Bruno Mars and Cardi B, who really showed everyone how to party.

It's quiet. And a whisper of "Maluma Baby" echoes through the speakers. He walks on stage, I naturally scream and cry internally and show a calmer, less desperate version of myself on the outside. Or try to anyway... He's wearing a simple, half unbuttoned white shirt and grey jeans with his hair loose and thick gold chain necklaces. Maluma begins by singing 'Mala Mia'. All the girls are swooning over him, including me of course.

He's so good live, like, amazing! And he's somehow even better looking. How is it possible for this human to even exist?! I'm too into the music to really notice what he's doing or where he's looking until Damien pulls me closer to him to hear what he's saying.

"You realise he's looked at you like, 3 or 4 times now right?"

"D don't be stupid! No he hasn't. That's Maluma. I'm, well, me!"

"Look! He's looking at you right now!"

I turn my head to the stage and realised he's stopped singing and the music is just playing, he's walking around the stage. His backing dancers are dancing to the music. Oh. I've seen him do this at his shows. He's going to pull a girl up on stage.

I notice him looking at me and blush, coyly putting my head down but I can't stop myself from looking back up at him. Lord save me. He's so beautiful. He walks to the other side of the stage and scans the crowd again but soon comes back to our side and gestures for me to go up on the stage. I look around at my friends in shock who practically lift me over the barrier themselves. They laugh as I walk towards the stage where Maluma puts his hand out for me to take. I'm hesitant at first but have a strict word to myself.

'Get a hold of yourself Kenna! This is your dream! You won't get this chance again!'

I shake off the anxiety and take his hand. He leads me up onto the stage and onto a type of bar stool. High enough so that he can stare down at me without making me feel intimidated. Who am I kidding. I'm intimidated. He smiles as he looks at me, a look of recognition crosses his face. I look at him confused but I'm too flustered to think much of it. He begins singing to me (and the crowd unfortunately) in Spanish, and even though I can't understand a word, I'm loving every second of it. His voice is like silk, perfectly smooth and controlled. He turns his gaze back to me and I get quickly lost in his deep brown eyes. He laughs and I giggle like a little school girl. He begins to walk around the stage again. I look down then up at my friends who are literally crying for me! They are grinning like Cheshire cats as they point back to Maluma who begins  to unbutton his shirt completely. My jaw drops and I look in awe at his flawless physique standing right in front of me. I quickly shut my mouth and laugh again. He walks up beside me again and gently puts his hand under my chin, keeping my gaze locked on him. He brings his face closer to mine. Shit. He gets closer still whilst singing. Double shit. He's so close now our noses are practically touching and I can feel his hot breath on my cheek. Triple shit. He slows his singing down so it's mainly music in the background and leans in to kiss me but pulls away at the last second. WTF! This is torture!  He smirks, he can tell that I'm frustrated. He leans in again but this time actually kisses me! His hand slides around the back of my neck and mine glides around his. It's quick but passionate. He pulls away but goes back for another peck. The whole audience screams and I'm sure I can hear my friends shouting and wolf whistling.