🍒Phone Call🍒

Finn🎭

"I got the part!" I scream as I jump up and down in front of my parents who came over to my apartment. They smile and applaud me. I just got off the phone with a casting director who told me that I will be playing a main character in a big movie. The only problem with that is that I have to fly all the way out to Los Angeles, California in order to shoot the movie. I'll be living there for a few months and then coming back to my little apartment here in Vancouver. I've never been away from my parents for more than a month, how am I supposed to go away for a long time? I must do it though, I wanna make it big.

"We're just so happy for you, Finn. When do you leave for California?" My mother asks clasping her hands together and placing them on her chest. My question isn't when I'm leaving, it's where I'm staying. Luckily I have a couple friends from California. I think my buddy Noah Schnapp lives in LA. Maybe I could stay with him until I'm done. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. "Well filming starts three weeks from now, so that gives me enough time to pack and ask friends if I can stay with them. Oh, and I need to call my boss and let them know I'm leaving." I list.

I work at a retail store in a mall, but now I could work in a retail store in California and film. Oh boy I'm so freaking excited. "That's great son, but are you still gonna stay in touch with us?" My father asks after standing up from my couch he was previously sitting on. "And what about this place? Are you gonna rent it out to people?" My mother questions. I guess I have a lot more work to do than I thought I did. Everything is gonna work out though. "Maybe you could put it on Airbnb, I hear lots of people do that when they go out of town for a long time." The woman suggests with a point of her finger. I could see a million lightbulbs go off in her mind. My mother is a smart woman.

"I'll have to think about it. I'll actually have to think about a lot of things." I began before walking over to my kitchen sit my phone on the counter top and lean on it. "I guess I'll have to talk to my landlord and ask what I can do. Should I do that first or..." I trail off, not really knowing what to do. I was excited about moving to California, but now it sounds pretty stressful. "I'm sure you can figure it out, Finn." Father tells me.

I rub a hand over my head and bite the inside of my cheek as I mentally make a to-do list. Talk to the landlord, call and ask Noah if I can stay with him, buy a plane ticket to Los Angeles, pack my bags. It's a short list, but it's chalk full of responsibility. "Okay, well your father and I are gonna go to sort of give you some time to think about all this. We'll talk to you later, superstar Finn Wolfhard." Mother says before practically pushing my dad out of the door and leaving. I flash a smile at them before they go.

I grab my phone off the counter and dial my landlord's number. I guess I should ask him about everything now before it's too late. I held the phone to my ear and listen to the rings, waiting for him to pick up. I hope he's not to busy. "Timothy here. How can I help you?" A deep manly voice with a hint of grogginess spoke from the other line.

I stood up straight and let in a long breath. "Hey dude. So I just got a call from a casting director for a movie and she told me that I need to go work in North America for about five to six months and I leave in three weeks. I don't wanna sell my apartment or rent it out, I just wanna know what I can do with it while I'm out of town for a while." I explain my situation. I hope I don't sound stupid.

"Well if you don't wanna rent it out for a year then maybe you could shut off the utilities and I could put a pause on your rent money. How's that sound?" He asked. I smile and stand up straight. "That sounds great, I'll call the electric company right now. Bye Timothy." I exclaim before ending the call. I sat my phone down on the counter again and took a long breath. Maybe I should call Noah and let him know everything before I shut off the electricity and water. I grabbed my phone again and dialed Noah's number.

I met Noah Schnapp about two years ago when he flew out to Toronto while I was working on a toothpaste commercial. I went to a bakery to pick up a celebration donut when he recognized me from one of my many small roles. Noah's a very cool person and he loves to travel around the world, so if I live with him he'll probably barely even be there. I held the phone up to my ear while looking at my short nails. "Hey Finn. How are you?" Noah's soft but almost deep voice says from the other line. I grin and lean on the counter.

"Hey Noah. So I'm gonna be working on a movie for a few months butvI have to move to Los Angeles and I know you're in Los Angeles, so maybe I could-" "You're gonna work on a movie here? Dude of course you can stay with me for as long as you want!" Noah shouts in excitement making me chuckle. "Well I'll see you in three weeks then."

----------------------

This chapter was just a little bit boring but that's only because I was tired when I wrote it. Next chapter won't be boring though, I promise.🍒