Chapter 17

Phillip's POV*

"Yeah, okay Chris, see ya tomorrow." Phil finished on the phone.

Dan and I were on their couch watching late night rubbish on the telly. It was already one in the morning and I was hungrily eating the dinner I never got to eat.

"Phillip?" Phil asked.

"Yeah?"

"Chris and PJ want you to come tomorrow as well." Phil said.

"Oh really?" I replied, surprised.

"Yeah, tomorrow Dan and I will go to their apartment first and then we will give you directions. It would be smarter for you to go with Dan but PJ and Chris want you to come last for some reason. Apparently there's a surprise." Phil shrugged.

"A surprise?" I asked, frowning. He shrugged again and sat down. "Okay." I sighed. "Oh um, guys I'm going to the basement to work on the machine for a bit." I said and stood up.

"Okay, here are the keys." Dan said, chucking the apartment keys over to me. I cuaght them and waved goodbye as I walked down each flight of stairs until I got to the basement, using my keys to unlock it and went inside.

I spent twenty minutes looking at the blue prints before picking up bits of scrap metal and some screws to building the rest of the structure. Halfway through my mind wandered as I continued to work.

Flash Back ~

"Dan, not right now. I'm busy." I whined as another seductive kiss was placed on my neck. I secretly enjoyed his lips there but I needed to get this paperwork finished by Friday and I wanted to get it done tonight.

"But Phiiiiiiiil. I'm bored." Dan moaned and placed another kiss on my neck, nibbling slightly. I let out a small whimper but tried to focus. I was currently at my desk, sat down on the office chair with Dan sat on my lap, blocking my view and trying and succeeding in seducing me.

"Well I need to get this done." I sighed.

"You've done enough for tonight, do the rest tomorrow." Dan whispered next to my ear, making me shiver. He started to kiss his way up my jaw.

"Daaaaan." I whined, but was cut short when his lips met mine in a deep and passionate kiss. I moaned and tangled my fingers in his hair, pulling his face closer. Our lips changed from sweet and passionate to rough and hungry in seconds as lust began to take over. I felt Dan's tongue prod at my lips and I happily let him in as he explored the territory. I licked over his teeth lightly and pulled back with his bottom lip between my own, eliciting a quiet groan. 

He moved down to my neck again and moved so he was straddling me on the chair. I noticed he was pretty hard already and smirked to myself. He started sucking and licking at my collarbones and around my throat, leaving large purple hickeys.

"Dan, stop leaving marks." I breathed, although I loved it, it was pretty hard to explain to lots of people. He grinned against my skin and left one last kiss before reattaching our lips and sliding his hands under my shirt, stroking the skin.

He pulled away for a minute to rest our foreheads, "I love you." He whispered, pecking my lips fondly.

"I love you too." I grinned.

~ End of Flashback ~

I sighed and sat down beside my work for a few minutes, letting a few stray tears leak before sniffing and getting on with things. I tried not to let my thoughts run and focus on what I was doing but it was no use.

~ Flash back ~

I walked into the university hall, I was supposed to be doing a small speech. I had already finished university five years ago and was getting on with my scientific studies. Today I was trying to give a motivational speech to students in their last week.

I started off the speech fluently, scanning the crowd as I talked, maintaining eye contact. I then put a small video clip on and watched as some of the other students eyed it curiously. My eyes suddenly landed on one particular boy. 

He was fairly skinny, had beautiful hazel eyes and brown swept hair. His skin was a delicious bronze as if he had come back from holiday and a pair of adorable dimples stood out on each cheek. I also noticed the tiny detail of his black onyx studs which he had in each ear. All in all he was damn hot and I could't divert my gaze for a long time, drinking in his attractiveness before I realized it was probably really creepy.

Suddenly he turned to me and we made eye contact and he smiled wider, his dimples more prominent and adorable. I smiled back, not knowing what else to do and for a minute I thought I saw a blush cross his cheeks before he returned his attention to the screen.

For the last week that i was lecturing there I found out his name was Daniel and he was one of the best in the class, total braniac. So smart, hot, attractive and kind from what I picked up. I was finding it hard not to drool over him every time he answered a question or spoke in general and I had to control myself.

six months later -

"Phil, we have a young student who has exceptional grades coming to help you on your great project. It's great work experience for him y'know?" My boss explained and I smiled and nodded."He will be your partner for a while and once he gets up on his own feet you can go back to working on your own."

Then Daniel walked in the room in all his glory and my mouth just about hit the floor. "Hey, I'm Daniel, but you can call me Dan. You're Phillip right? You lectured at my old uni six months ago." Daniel explained.

"Oh y-yeah. I remember you. Good to see you." I replied, flashing a smile. Again his cheeks went slightly pink and my boss left us to work. I didn't know it but Dan would impact my life hugely ...

~ End of flashback ~

I groaned and gave up for the night, switching the light off and locking the door behind me. I trudged up all the flights of stairs and unlocked the apartment door. I was careful to keep silent as I walked down the hall. I got a quick glance in Dan's bedroom and smiled as I saw a smile on his face as he peacefully slept.

My chest hurt once again as I took in his features and remembered my Daniel who was probably six feet under by now. The thought made a little whimper leave my mouth but I rushed up to the nerd room before I woke anyone up.

I began to silently sob into my pillow as I longed to have Daniel by my side, to kiss, to cuddle, to tell him that I loved him. Then I realized something, I broke my promise too.

When Dan said forever he meant when we were the dust in the air as well ... but now if I can't get back I will never be able to die with him, to be buried where he had, to be the dust in the air. That thought made me sob harder.

I'm so sorry Daniel.

I'm so sorry!