Chapter 4

I inhale sharply at his words and he pulls away completely. He rests his hands next to my head and bends down so we are at eye level.

Despite my current circumstances, he has the most beautiful light green eyes. It's a shame that his anger dulls them.

"Are you the Alpha?" He asks.

"What? No, I'm not a werewolf." I say.

He steps closer and moves his hands above my head, appearing himself as more intimidating- as if he needed to.

"Don't lie to me." He whispers.

His whisper sends chills down my spine, which contradicts the heat washing over my body from how close he is standing to me.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I stammer.

"Oh really? Then why is your heart rate through the roof right now?" He asks.

"Well, your face literally an inch away from mine. How else do you expect my heart rate to be?" I ask.

"Do I make you nervous, Tyler?" He asks, my name swiftly rolling off his tongue.

"N-no,"

I mentally slap myself for giving myself away by stuttering.

"Maybe," I correct.

His lips curves into a playful smile as he simply states:

"Well, you should be."

I look deeply into his eyes to find another emotion that I could use to stall him. We do not move or speak, we just stare into each other's eyes. Then, I finally see something, a small speck of fear.

"Oh my God.." I say.

"What?" He says.

"You're scared of the Alpha, aren't you? The big bad Derek Hale is actually scared of something." I tease.

He growls under his breath and says:

"You know who the Alpha is, don't you? You're lying to protect him!"

"No! I'm not a werewolf, Derek! You have to believe me." I say.

"The Alpha has killed people. Innocent people like my sister. And if anyone else does tonight or tomorrow night, their blood is on your hands." He snarls.

"Leave her alone, Derek." I hear a familiar voice say.

We both look to see Scott and Stiles standing in the doorway. Scott's hands are ball up into fists and his chest heaves with anger and Derek says:

"She knows who the Alpha is."

"No, she doesn't, she knows almost everything, but she knows nothing about the supernatural world." Stiles justifies.

"Oh I beg to differ," Derek says, looking to me.

"You want to tell him or should I?" Derek asks.

"Dad told me everything he knew about the supernatural, so I know about werewolves and how to weaken them." I explain.

"No, not Deaton... he's not.. he doesn't know anything about the supernatural." Scott says with hurt in his voice.

"Dad isn't just a veterinarian." I say softly.

"Why... why didn't he tell me?" He asks.

"Because he didn't want to endanger your life by telling you what really..." I trail off.

"Oh my God... you're a werewolf, aren't you?" I add, taking a step back.

Scott's eyes widen as he realized that I fell scared, angry and most of all: betrayed.