Reunited

THIRD PERSON

Stefan and Damon was in the living room of the boarding house. Klaus has made himself known in Mystic Falls. Stefan, being Stefan, is worried for Elena's sake. When Elena walks in the door and Damon walks up the stairs. He seemed particularly depressed today and Elena could tell. This isn't like him to just be the brooding brother, that was Stefan's job. Elena reached the living room "Whats with Damon?" She looked at Stefan and even he looked particularly depressed. What was going on? Elena thought. Stefan sighed. "In 1862, before Kathrine and that whole story. We lost our sister." Elena looked at him confused. They had a sister? since when? she thought. "What happened?" She asked. "We were supposed to be watching her. She was only 15. Father went out to the town meeting and It was Damon and my job to watch her. We were to busy playing football. We turned to ask her a question and she was gone. We never saw her again." 

Damon stood at the door. "It was my fault. Not Stefan's. That is the reason Father let Kathrine come to stay with us. He missed her and Kathrine had some of Samantha's characteristics. Dark hair, blue eyes. She loved life. Father always blamed me for that but he should have it was my fault. We never found out what happened to her, or her body. Father never stopped looking but he couldn't find his little girl." Elena stood up and hugged Damon. "I'm sorry." Damon nodded his head and looked in her eyes. "I miss her. I was her protector." Stefan stood up and said "Damon was close to her. He practically raised her." Elena looked at Stefan and back to Damon. "And today is the day she went missing in 1862." Stefan nodded, as Damon went and poured himself a drink. 

Later that day....

Damon was at the grill with his usual drink sitting at the bar. Klaus walked in and felt particularly snarky today. "Hello, Damon. I have something I need to talk to you about." Damon took a drink form his cup. "I'm not in the mood Klaus." Klaus smirked. "I need you to talk to someone for me." He wrote down a number on a napkin, pushed it to Damon, and said "Convince her to come to Mystic Falls and I will spare the doppleganger." Damon looked at him "Why me?" Klaus grinned. He loved to mess with peoples heads. "You will find out." Klaus walked out. Damon drank the last bit of drink and walked to his car putting the napkin in his pocket. He thought for a minute. Should he or should he not help Klaus? It would save Elena if he could get this girl to Mystic falls but who said he could? Well it's worth a shot. He took out his phone dialed the number and heard it ring. A girl picked up the phone "Hello?" Damon paused for a moment "Who am I speaking to?" The girl then answered "My name is Samantha Salvatore, and who are you?" Damon stood stunned tears in his eyes. "Sam? Sam.. It's Damon." She got angry. "Did Klaus put you up to this? Look my brother died a long time ago and I don't appriciate you trying to act like him." "NO Sam where are you? Me and Stefan will come to you. It's me, Sam." Damon paused hoping she would believe him. "Tell me something only Damon would know." Ok this was a test. Damon thought for a minute. "When you were five you used to ask me to read you one story everynight. It lasted until you were ten. When me or Stefan went out of the house at night you would always go with us because you were scared of father. And when you reached twelve he hit you for the first time." Damon heard sobs. "Damon?"  Damon replied "yes it's me. Where are you?" Sam began crying. "Turn around." Damon turned around and saw his baby sister. She ran up to him and hugged him.