Chapter 2

To any normal person, this doesn't make sense. So let me explain, there are these... things, monsters, creatures whatever you what to call them. But we call them hollowgast, hollows for short. They hunt people like me and Anna. We are what you call peculiar. We have special abilities. Hollows know that James isn't peculiar which is what makes this strange. Wights are different, if hollows eat enough peculiars they become a wight. The only physical difference between wights and human are their eyes. They have no pupils. The fact that it took James knowing he wasn't a peculiar, makes me think that a wight was behind this. Oh, I forgot to mention, hollows are invisible. You can only see their shadows But I can see them, that is what makes me peculiar. Anna is a different story, she can move things with her mind. Just a wave of her hand and she can take down a 6 foot 5, 290 pounds of pure muscle like he's a toothpick.

I am running to catch up with Anna and Clive and help Anna carry the 19-year-old lump we call Clive. She would use her abilities but that might draw the attention we don't want. We get to the camper and I run inside I grab the inhaler for his asthma and bring it out to Clive. He takes it and sucks in a big breath. While he is catching his breath, we gather our stuff. We could do this in our sleep. We hunt hollows before they can hunt us. But this time it was too late.

Once we have all of the gear and supplies we can carry, Clive is ready. We walk the 5 miles it takes to get to James house. James is only 16 and has a protective mom. We get to the house and see police cars driving away. I knock on the door and it startles me how fast it opens.

"Oh, Abe thank goodness you are here!" She exclaims, ushering us inside. Her hair is ratted and she is still in her pajamas. I guess she didn't think about her appearance when her son is missing.

"Okay, Ms. Kent, can you tell us what happened?" I asked

"Well I was still in bed and I thought James was too," She starts. "I hear him scream and I-I jumped out of bed," She says tearing up. "But when I g-got there," She is balling now. " The windows were broken and he's he's--"

"It's okay Ms. Kent we understand. And we will get him back. I can promise you that," Clive says confidently puffing out his chest a little.

"Oh thank you!!" she said group hugging us all. She gave us enough food for 3 days, it would be rude not to accept.