Chapter 75: Picking Paint

After I over hear Zayn telling mama and papa that we'll take the girls back home in a couple days, I give them each a goodbye hug and a light smile while they exit.

"Are you ready for bed?" He asks the girls, who instinctively yawn.

"No." Safaa tries to cover up her soft yawn before Zayn lifts her over his shoulder.

"Are you sure?" He asks, walking up the stairs.

"No." Safaa giggles with Zayn with a brightly lit smile.

Waliyha walks ahead of me up the stairs and into the spare bedroom where Zayn throws Safaa on the bed playfully. "I want you in pjs and under the covers in 10 minutes." Zayn holds up both hands in the air.

"Yes sir." Waliyha smirks. Zayn kisses them each on the forehead, closing the door behind him and following me into the bed room.

I sit down on the edge of the bed, rotating and messaging my sore and puffy ankles. Zayn tosses a pair of pajama shorts and a shirt from his closet. I slip them on quickly, tossing my clothes over by the bathroom door. I follow Zayn under the covers and lean my head against the soft headboard.

"So we're painting tomorrow?" I ask.

"You want to?" His eyebrows furrow together.

"Well I heard you and your parents talking about it while I was putting dishes away."

"I was just saying that to get them off my back, but if you'd like too we can." He shrugs.

"Maybe we can look at swatches and stuff." I shrug also.

"What color were you thinking?"

"Maybe like a yellow or a soft blue. I don't know." I huff a little.

"We'll see whats there. And its something to do out of the house." He smiles and giggles come creeping in from the hallway.

"Ill be back." He lifts the sheets and jogs out of the room.

I run my soft hands down my face in exhaustion, fully laying down and wrapping the covers around only one leg and the rest of my upper body. "Beedddd little rascals." I hear Zayn before I see darkness.

***

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey!" I hear faintly then pressure on my legs, making me jolt up.

"What are you doing?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"Well we came to wake you guys up." Safaa smiles innocently.

"What time is it?" Zayn mumbles.

"9 in the morning." Waliyha lays on top of Zayn.

"You guys are crazy." I try to pulls the sheets over my head but they get pulled back down.

"Cmon sleepy monsters." I cant help but smile at Safaa.

"Sleepy monsters?" Zayn repeats with a chuckle.

"Mhm. MONSTERS!" Waliyha screams as Zayn and I glance to eat other and jump out of bed.

"RUN!" Safaa is running in back of Waliyha and I try to catch up with Zayn but with no luck.

I meet up with them downstairs where Zayn is hovering over them on the couch. I smile and continue walking to the kitchen. I open the fridge and shift through containers, finding nothing appetizing. "Zayn!" I call and turn around to find them already standing at the counter. "Yes?" He asks with a smile.

"Can we just go to Starbucks and then make trip to the paint store?" I ask.

"Starbucks!" Waliyha's smile gleams.

"Paint!" Safaa trys to have the same excitement as Waliyha, but we all end up laughing.

"Sure thing." Zayn says between laughs.

"Ok." I hold my laugh and follow everyone back upstairs. I change into dark shorts with a navy blue tank top and a white, light cardigan. I slip a pair of white braided sandals and my brown side bag. I peek my head in the girls' rooms as they walk out in shorts and regular shirts. "Ready?" I smile and they nod.

We wait for Zayn in the car, as usual, until he sits in the passengers seat. "Did you spend all that time fixing your hair?" Safaa asks and I laugh. "Probably." I continue out of our neighborhood.

"Its a profession." He chuckles.

"More like an obsession." Waliyha adds and I quick give her high five.

"Babe, I love you, but it is an obsession." I glance at him.

"You all are gaining up on me." He pouts with his arms crossed.

"Its ok sweetie." Safaa reaches over the chair and pats his shoulder.

"You're a funny one huh?" Zayn asks as we burst in another laugh.

"Mhm." She smiles brightly.

I pull into the drive through at Starbucks and we all order Caramel Frappes, besides Safaa who orders a vanilla bean frap. We order breakfast as well and wait in the line. We pay and get the order quickly before pulling out of the drive through. We take the long way to the paint shop so we all have to eat. I finish my sandwich as we pull into a parking space. I carry my drink inside, as well as everyone else, as we are engulfed in paint swatches galore.

An employee helps us figure out a paint color that would work best for a boy and girl, and as I said, she suggests yellow. We walk over to the cards with many shades of yellow and picks up colors of a neutral shade. After debating with Zayn whether we should get a darker shade of yellow, or a lighter color, we choose lighter for an easy change if needed. After about an half hour of multiple color choices, we choose a color called Light Honey. We thank the worker who helped us and the cashier and gather back inside the car.

"I feel like I'm seeing yellow everywhere." I sigh.

"I thought it was just me." Zayn sighs as well.

"I was looking at purples." Waliyha shrugs.

"I think you should have gotten red maybe." Safaa speaks.

"Eww, not on a wall Safaa." Waliyha says and Zayn and I keep quiet.

"Anyways." Safaa mummbles.

______________________________________________________

THE SONG I CHOSE FOR THIS CHAPTER IS: Somebody To You by The Vamps & Demi Lovato. You probably have heard that song, but if you haven't, you should! It has a great vibe and the music video has Laura Moreno.

Love you guys... like a lot <3 So much... like IN LOVE! :D Ahaha <3