Chapter 2: Getting To Know Each Other

Weiss stepped through the hallways solemnly, she kept her head down as she walked through her giant manor. Before she never really noticed but she surely did now, she missed the small dorm room at Beacon. The close quarters that she shared with her first friends. She missed being woken up in the morning by Ruby's whistle, even though she thought it was annoying. She missed watching Yang struggle to stay awake as Blake would stretch her limber body. She missed running to the bathroom to get in first because the hot water would only last for two and a half showers, usually she would be first, then Yang, then Ruby as she took very quick showers and then Blake would still have hot water to do what she needed. But it never stopped the competition.

She missed getting dressed with them too. It may sound weird, but when she lived in the manor and had to go to her private classes she would stand all alone in her cold room getting dressed. Picking out a new dress everyday from her giant collection. But when she lived with the other girls, she was in a warm comforting room. She and Blake changed in the bathroom, and Ruby faced the wall, but Yang had no problem showing her body off. Weiss smiled at the memory of what Yang had said, "If you're not proud of your body enough to show it off without shame, then you need to work harder on your body." After that short speech everyone changed in the bedroom. Weiss even got some compliments from Yang, even though her attention was mostly on how Ruby was growing or how Blake looked.

She missed the fights they had too, and not just the food fights, or the sparring matches. She missed their arguments that pulled them closer together in the end. Before she knew it, being lost in her thoughts, she had made it to the hallway that held her father's study, being pulled from her thoughts by a voice.

"Good afternoon sister, a pleasure to see you out of your room for a change." Her youngest sibling greeted, Whitley. He had bright blue eyes, a brighter shade then Weiss' and Winters. He had shorter white hair on his head comber to the side to keep the locks from his eyes, he wore a white dress shirt and a blue vest with navy blue tie. He wore matching navy dress pants with black shoes to match, his legs were quite lengthy too. He was gently bowed over with his arm bent in a gentleman's bow.

"Hello Whiteley, you're in a chipper mood today." Weiss said as he took a long stride past her as she took a few steps forwards, they both turned to look at each other.

"Klein made crepes for breakfast."

Weiss rolled her eyes and placed her left hand on her hip, "What do you want?" she asked tired of his games.

"I heard father shouting with someone in the study earlier."

"Mother?" Weiss asked hopefully.

"No...she's already drinking in the garden." Whitley said holding his hands behind his back, "I think it was a man." He continued. Weiss seemed to become curious, "I just wanted to warn you, I heard he had asked to speak with you."

Weiss looked to the ground and grabbed her arm, "I'll be fine."

"I know you will, your strong, like Winter."

"You never liked Winter."

"True. But you can't deny her resolve." He replied with a smirk.

"You seem different." Weiss said crossing her arms and glaring at him, trying to find what he was hiding.

"And You've been gone, I'll have you know that I didn't stop growing while you were at Beacon. Anyway, good luck with father." He turned around and began to walk down the hallway.

"Thank you." She said to no one as he disappeared from sight, she continued her way to her father's study awaiting what was inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~