Alia

Hi, I know it's taking forever to get to the bad bits, as promised in the synopsis but I promise you all it will seem worthwhile when it actually comes. It's nearly here by the way so keep your eyes peeled....
Also sorry for the length of time it has taken to update, I've been writing another story, what to do when I have a lifetime of them in my head??..

Also any comments would be welcome and even a vote if you feel like it's worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month has passed since the wedding, I could hardly believe it.

I couldn't help smiling widely at the thought of Darius and the evening we had spent together last night.
His passion was unbelievable, teaching me things about lovemaking that I hadn't thought possible.
The things he did with his mouth....
"Your Majesty"
Gwinn had disturbed my naughty thoughts, a blush spreading like wildfire across my lightly tanned cheeks. She was standing on the other side of my desk, which was stacked with petitions and plans for building works strewn across it.
"Yes Gwinn" I enquired, thankfully it didn't seem as if she could read minds, I mused, as I took a sigh of relief.
"Crown Princess Ayda wishes to see you Your Majesty, I am come to ask if you will be able to visit the nursery this afternoon".
A pale looking Gwinn was wringing her hands as if she was nervous.
I frowned, noticing the formal way she had spoken.
"Is anything the matter Gwinn, is Ayda ok?"
"Yes, yes Your Majesty she's as fine as always, it's just that she's missed you this past month".
Referring to the fact that I'd been remiss in my visits to see her.
I didn't like the criticism, especially coming from Gwinn, her of all people should understand why I hadn't had time to visit my child, seeing as I was newly married.
In as stern a voice as I could muster, I told her that a planned masquerade was being performed tonight and I couldn't miss it.
"I will make sure to visit tomorrow" I said, a hint of censure in my voice.
Darius had made clear he saw Ayda as being Arnolf's child and hadn't connected with her as well as I would have wished.
Maybe I could invite him along and try to get him to build a relationship with her?
"Let her know that me and King Consort Darius will pay her a visit tomorrow in the afternoon"
Gwinn, seemed taken aback at my suggestion, seeing as Darius hadn't done so before.
"Very well Your Majesty, I shall inform the Crown Princess immediately".
Gwinn eyed me neutrally, I could sense she wanted to say something else, and was finding it difficult to hold her tongue.
"Anything else?" I questioned with a sterner voice than previously, I had much to do and couldn't deal with worrying about Gwinn and her concerns at the present time.
"Erm, er, no Your Majesty, that's all"
Gwinn bowed as low as her old knees would take her, backing away and turning quickly to leave, a look of regret upon her face.
I knew she wished she had said what she had wanted to say, but I pushed the thought of Gwinn out of my mind. Darius seemed to be taking up too much of my thoughts and time recently, I wanted to enjoy it while this honeymoon period lasted. Hopefully it lasted forever...

HI ALL! JUST A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ THE SEVENTH QUEEN AND GIVEN IT A CHANCE.  NEARLY HITTING 500 VIEWS. WOW.