Prologue

~Jena's Pov~

It would be ok.

she could do this, all she had to do was speak.

But looking down at the recorder in her had it felt like she had to move mountains.

One deep breath. Two deep breaths.

She just had to do this, she had to let it out.

So she pressed the button to record and hoped for the best.

*recorder crackling*

"*sigh* My name, my name is not important, because no one will ever hear this." Her voice came out a little breathy and ruff, but she continued on.

"The thing is, no one really knows me. Not even my best friend, but that's my own fault, I preferred to listen to others talk about themselves then tell about me. This is because if I did my big secret would become undone." This was harder than she thought, not to mention she couldn't let her family hear her. They would just question why she would talk to a machine and not to them, the real people.

If there was one person she would actually tell, it would be her best friend Marcus Prince. But he didn't need to know about it, because if he did he would definitely leave her all alone.

But she just couldn't, their pitiful stares weren't something that was pleasant to handle for her.

Because she knew the truth, she Jena Marbles was the cause of her brothers death. Or at least her voice was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Marcus's Pov~

He looked out his window.

She still wasn't there, but why?

He was waiting for his best friend to show up at her window.

Just like they did every night, but this time she was late. A hour and a half late.

He knew she had a life of her own, and that she was sometimes late. But he couldn't help but worry, it was sadly true that he had been falling for his best friend for years. but, the very obvious Jena Marbles wouldn't have noticed that, she was to raped up in her own thoughts. 

And she didn't see him like that, at least it didn't show up to him, and he could always read her emotions.

Except for at school when she wore her blank stone-face like armor, so that no one would get close.

He had noticed that for a long time he was the only one she hung out with, not that he was complaining. But he remembered a time when she would be friends with anyone and everyone.

Now it was just them, and he could never tell her the truth about his feelings. He new that if she ever found out, she would leave him all alone.

And he couldn't lose her. He wouldn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And thats the prologue for you!

I hope you enjoyed, sorry its so short.

Love Ya
     Author