What?

After Flash left, Tony went into detail about the technology of his suit. He tried to explain it in a way that would make sense, but based on the confused stares of the majority of the class, they still didn't understand. There was a reason Tony didn't take on a teaching career. That, and because most children and teenagers annoyed him. Only one person stopped him from saying all children and teens.

"That's all for today, Midtown! Pepper will lead you back to the main entrance." Tony announced to the group. The students looked bummed and disappointed, and there were murmurs of protest.

He walked over to the teacher, who was behind his class as they were leaving. "Mr. Teacher, I'll be keeping this kid." He informed the man, pointing at Peter. Tony spoke quietly, knowing Peter wouldn't want his whole class to know he'd be with him. The only reason that "my kid" had slipped in the first place was because of Flash.

"Of course, Mr. Stark." The man replied. He was looking for Peter so he could get the boy, but Tony made him pause.

"Let me know if there's any more trouble with that Flash kid." Tony instructed with a firm tone and warning look. The teacher clearly hadn't thought to do it all the other times, so hopefully this friendly reminder would do the trick.

"Yes Mr. Stark. I'll be sure that doesn't happen again in my class, and I'll bring it to the attention of Principal Morita." Mr. Larson assured Tony. Satisfied, he let the other man get his kid.

Tony couldn't figure out what Peter was thinking as the boy walked over to him. He was clearly flustered from everything that had happened in the last few hours, but beyond that Tony couldn't tell.

"Why'd you do that?" The kid asked.

Tony put his arm around Peter's shoulder and started walking them towards the elevator. "I couldn't let Eugene treat you like that, kid. You deserve way better than that."

Peter looked up at him. "But you didn't have to do that much. Everyone but Bruce did something to him." The kid protested with a whine to his voice.

"Rhodey didn't do anything either." Tony said matter-of-factly. They stepped out of the elevator and into the penthouse.

Peter sighed at his father figure and rolled his eyes. "You know that's not what I meant, Mr. Stark." He whined again.

Tony mentally chuckled at the kid's tone. He sat down on the cushy sofa in the abandoned living room.

"You're my kid, Pete. Not anybody else's, just mine. Actually, I guess you're May's too, but that's beside the point. You're my kid, and I'm not letting anyone get away with hurting you. Especially some immature ten year old punk who's jealous of you." Tony told his kid.

The boy looked at him with confusion. He tilted his head in and scrunched up his face. It looked remarkably similar to a puppy's face.

"He's not jealous of me. At least I'm pretty sure he isn't, Mr. Stark." The boy fumbled with his words a little.

Tony smiled at Peter. "You bet he is kiddo. I watched the footage. You aced an algebra test when he failed and then accused you of cheating." He explained.

"But that doesn't necessarily mean that he's jealous Mr. Stark. He might just really hate me." Peter told him, denying the truth.

"Did you see him when I called you my kid? If that didn't mean that he was jealous, I don't know what does." Continued Tony.

Pete seemed to be thinking hard about it. His face was scrunched even more now.

"You've got a lot, kid. I'm not surprised he wants what you have." Tony paused, not sure how to phrase the next part correctly. "But considering what you've had to go through, I think you deserve a lot more." He said in a soft tone. They both knew what he meant.