5 - momo

and with that, kaminari walked out of todoroki (and momo's) apartment, not a trace left behind. as todoroki watched kaminari skip down the stairs, his heart ached. not because of kaminari, the kiss, and his unexplainable feelings, but what kaminari had said. all of those points kaminari had made, all of the bulls eye's he had hit, all the heads of nails he's hit, it left todoroki speechless.

but like every other time, todoroki was used to this. he was used to everyone and anyone leaving him out of blue.

it was a pattern.

he began heading back towards the apartment door, but of course, his tiny little whirlpool of thoughts that he calls his mind was interrupted— by two voices. one of them he could recognize immediately, but the other was so foreign. he'd assumed they were both girls.

"aha, so when can i see you again?" asked one of the voices, which sounded quite emotionless in todoroki's opinion. he could relate. carefully, he listened to the other voice, which he knew oh so well. "mm, maybe tomorrow after my shift? it ends at three sharp." said the other girl, a little quieter. almost as if she were hiding something? no, i'm overthinking this, todoroki thought, who are they anyways?

peering over the edge of the stairs, todoroki tried his best not to be noticed. although he recognized one of the two voices, he didn't know exactly who it was. he finally caught a glance of spiky black hair. "momo..?"

"alright, i'll pick you up at three then." said the purple-haired girl. she leaned into momo, and to todoroki's surprise, momo leaned in as well. and guess what? they kissed. i fucking knew it, how stupid.. todoroki thought. sighing, he decided if momo found him eavesdropping, there'd be a lot to deal with, so his feet began climbing the stairs. obviously, he was still listening to the conversation.

"let's meet at the mall, instead. i don't want you to wait outside a coffee shop.." momo lied, she was searching for an excuse, "b-because if someone else saw you, they'd definitely take you away from me!"

the purple-haired girl snorted. "aren't there more people at the mall?" outsmarted, momo rolled her eyes. "just do as i say, jirou."

todoroki froze. literally. he knew kaminari was sorta stupid, and that he always talked out of his ass when it came to "smart people stuff," but had he actually said something... important for once? was he warning me.. is this what he meant? when he said he knew where she was..

"hah, okay, the mall it is," jirou smiled, "i'll see you tomorrow then!" rapid steps were heard as jirou left the picture (for now), and momo began walking up the apartment. todoroki rushed back in and plopped onto their bed with his phone, not really doing anything too important other than faking to be occupied. typical.

doors opened and closed and boots hit the floor in a satisfying way as momo entered the room. she scanned the surroundings of the bed before her eyes landed on todoroki. without even saying hello, or "nice to see you again", nor a kiss— not even on the cheek, momo slumped her shoulders and fell back onto the free space of the bed.

"you won't believe where i've been, shoto." momo groaned, kicking off her boots and undoing her belt. she threw all of her shit to floor, completely ruining todoroki's peace and quiet, and continued to lie straight to his face. "oh yeah? where have you been?" todoroki asked unenthusiastically. he needed to keep the conversation going in order to prevent momo from suspecting anything.

"about that, i'll tell you everything after i take a bath, alright?" momo smiled, obviously faking it, and opened the doors to the bathroom. todoroki nodded and put his phone down, waited to hear the water running, and let out a sad sigh. a sigh that signaled he was on the verge of tears, but he was swallowing hard and blinking rapidly to prevent it.

how could she lie like that?

doesn't it hurt her?

if it doesn't, then why does it hurt me?