VI

Tyler grins, "I-is this a date?"

Josh feels himself blush, "Uh, well...um...I-I mean I was kinda hoping. Zack told me what you liked and I kind of built something based off of the things he told me. He also said it would be okay for us to date since he trusts me, but I had to gain your trust first obviously. Not saying that we're going to date! No, no, of course not! I-I just thought that-"

"Shh, Josh," Tyler giggles. "It's okay. I love it. Thank you."

Josh lets out a breath, "You do?"

Tyler nods, picking at his nails shyly, " I love it so much. I love the lights."

"I'm glad. I was really nervous it'd be too much too soon."

Tyler shakes his head, "It's perfect. Definitely a great first impression. Better than your first first impression."

Josh lets out a laugh, "You didn't like seeing me in my boxers with your brother?"

"No," Tyler laughs. "You had cheese on your thigh and stomach!"

"We were eating nachos!" Josh defends with a laugh.

Tyler laughs and coughs before taking a minute to catch his breath.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Tyler nods with a gentle smile.

"Okay. Um, so I have food," Josh chuckles lightly as he opens the picnic basket.

Tyler grins, "Taco Bell?"

"I don't know how to cook. This hasn't been sitting here long so nothing should be soggy. My sister text me like right before we got here and said she had dropped it off, so it should still be okay."

"What did you get?"

"I got a variety of tacos and burritos, cinnamon twists and cinnabons, and I got you a quesadilla with sour cream, no jalapeño sauce, with shredded—not chunky—chicken."

Tyler grins and claps, "Yay!"

Josh laughs and pulls out something else, "I also got Mountain Dew and Coke in bottles and some ice in a little cooler thing here that I found in my shed, 'cause I didn't want the ice to melt in the drinks."

"Wow, you thought of everything."

"First impressions matter."

"Second first impression," Tyler corrects taking a bite of his quesadilla.

Josh rolls his eyes but smiles before taking a bite of his chalupa.

🔆♥️🔆