VIII

Josh and Tyler were on their forth "date". Neither of them were calling them "dates". But Zack was. And he was excited.

"My brother can be so annoying."

Josh laughs, "Yeah, I know. But he's my best friend, I'm annoying right there with him."

"Maybe it's because he's my sibling."

"Probably. My siblings are the same way. But I love them."

"Where are we going?" Tyler asks suddenly.

"I thought we'd go out to dinner, and then see if there are any movies playing."

"Okay," Tyler smiles.

"Are there any movies that you wanna see?"

"The Nun. I've been wanting to see it for a while."

"Okay, I'll look up times," Josh says as he parks the car.

Tyler looks out the window and and grins, "Wow. This place is beautiful! It looks expensive."

Josh chuckles, "Come on."

-

Tyler jumps and hides his face in Josh's shoulder and is pulled closer to the older boy.

"Are you okay?" Josh whispers.

Tyler nods, his eyes squeezed shut. Josh rubs his arm gently. He kisses Tyler's forehead and the smaller boy leans into the kiss, making Josh smile.

The rest of the movie contained Tyler's face in Josh's neck, soft kisses to the small boy's head and cheek, and slight jumps whenever there were loud noises or jump scares.

When the movie was finished, the two went out for ice cream.

"Josh?"

"Hm?"

"Um, c-can I hold your hand?"

"Yeah, of course," Josh smiles.

The two grab each other's hands over the center console of Josh's car and eat their dessert in comfortable silence.

"Oh, you got a little..." Josh says motioning towards his chin.

Tyler wipes his chin with a napkin.

"Nope. Right here," Josh says softly leaning over and wiping the ice cream off with his own napkin.

Tyler smiles making Josh smile as well.

"You have beautiful eyes."

Tyler blushes, "Thank you. I like your pink hair."

"Thank you," Josh grins.

After a moment, Tyler gasps lightly as he feels Josh's lips on his. He kisses him back after a moment.

He giggles shyly as they pull away.

"Will you be my boyfriend, Tyler?"

Tyler blushes even more. He wasn't expecting all this. Eventually he nods.

Josh grins almost as if he was relieved. Tyler giggles again before kissing Josh.

"But..." Tyler says quietly.

"But what?"

"One condition..."

"What's that?"

Tyler swallows nervously. He lets out a breath and drops eye contact, letting his eyes settle on his lap, "Don't fall in love with me."

🔆♥️🔆