18: Missing

*Y/N's P. O. V. *

"8 organ-empty bodies have been found dumped all throughout the city within the span of one week. No leads, no traces of who could have done this, but all seem to be connected. All those found bodies and missing ones are around 15 to 25 years old. There's a network of organ harvesters in Detroit right now and they are active as they can be, but up until now, we have little to zero idea of who and where this network is...We need to move, people. The numbers are increasing as day pass by. Almost all teams are now working on this case, yet still, nothing," Captain Fowler stated.

Almost all detectives and high ranking officers are in the conference room right now having a very heavy meeting. The situation here in Detroit about this certain case is only getting worse.

"Only one thing is certain. All those people who went missing disappeared within this radius. They are mainly operating here in terms of getting their victims, but as to where their hideout is and who they are...nothing," he continued.

My team is the one who primarily handled this case. We thought it was a kidnapping case again, but it turns out so much worse than that. As the number of people missing piled up, we began to uncover that this is something way more serious and hard, even Conan couldn't do much now.

"We have to do it now. We need to create a bust operation within that area. If we can't get to them, let them go to us," I said. I honestly don't want to do this kind of operation, but we have no choice now. This needs to stop before it gets way worse.

"The risk is too high. We don't have many agents that fit their age range ----

"Well, I belong to that age range. I'll be the bait. If we get one of them, that'll be a big help," I volunteered and almost all of them stared at me.

"Y/N, I know I have been sending you out to do more of these cases, but this is something we can't control.  What if they knew that we're onto them, what if we failed and they get you? This is why I'm still reluctant with this bust operation," Captain Fowler answered.

"We can never tell unless we try. Besides, we have Conan. He'll keep an eye on me. I'm sure he can guarantee my safety," I replied. These past few days have been better days with him too, I do think that he really tried to follow what I told him. He was less perfectionist now and I see him considering other stuff than the mission. It was obvious that he's trying so hard, but at least, he is doing it, "And all officers can follow my every move. Get them to follow me just to make sure that we have the situation under control," I added.

"It might be our only chance to get to them, Captain. The risk is high, but the consequences are higher if we don't make a move as soon as we can," Conan stated and I'm glad he's on my side. Him, Gavin and I actually talked about this earlier and I was expecting them to go against my plan, but I was wrong because they agreed with me. Or maybe they just want me dead? I don't know.

"See? Even Conan agrees with me. Besides, I've faced almost everything by now, I can do this," I said with determination. I know Fowler is still reluctant, but finally, he agreed. We proceeded to create the plan as careful as we can.

Conan and Gavin were very vocal now and they are both considering make sake in every course of action in the plan. Well, I guess they don't want me dead after all. I do appreciate their gesture too and yes, even with Gavin. He's still a big douche, but I think something has changed since that incident a year and a half ago. As I can remember, he was the first one who saw me in that storage section at the CyberLife Tower and at that moment, I was wrecked. Maybe he pities me until now. As for Conan, he somehow learned how to look after his teammates or maybe it's just his mission, again, I don't know.