Chapter Seven

CASTIEL

"Gabriel, what are you doing here?" I asked still completely shocked at his presence. "Lucifer killed you in the other dimension. Sam saw you die."

"Wrong." Gabriel smirked. "Sam thinks he saw me die, he only saw another version of me. Seriously, I've died how many times in front of them? Have they not realized that I can't be killed that easily?"

"But why are you here?"

"Her." Gabriel pointed to Emilia.

     "Her?"

"Cochran sent him." Emilia smiled

"She did?"

"Yeah, after I hurt you." My stomach suddenly lurched. She still remembered.

"The angels up top said it was the strongest surge of angelic grace they've seen since they tied to smite my aunt." Gabriel explained.

"I-I don't understand. Her memory, I—"

"She undid it."

"No, that isn't possible."

"Well then, why don't you just ask her?" I turned to Emilia and got down to eye level with her.

"Emilia, what do you remember about hurting me?"

"I don't know. I was going to bed and my head hurt really bad." Emilia explained.

"You had a headache?"

"Yeah, and then I had a dream. I was mad at you because you wouldn't save a dead baby birdie. I was very mad, my eyes turned yellow and I yelled at you and then you hit the house...but then I fell asleep in my dream."

"Then what happened?"

     "I flew."

     "You flew?"

     "Yeah. I saw the house, the clouds, the stars and—"

     "And?"

     "And then I was somewhere else."

     "Where?"

     "Somewhere bright."

     "What did you see?"

     "I saw the bad lady. She was looking at something, a screen. A bright dot was on it and it made her happy. She then had Gabriel come and get me. She told him to kill you and Jack and he agreed."

"You agreed?" I growled at Gabriel.

"He didn't want to. The angels did something to his head. I didn't want him to hurt you or Jack, so I followed him out of the bright place and took it away." The room fell silent. "Is the bright place heaven?"

"Yes, Emilia." I let out a sigh. "Emilia, why don't you go back to your room and Jack will read you a bedtime story." Emilia slowly turned to Gabriel.

     "Can I go home, Gabriel?"

     "Sorry, kiddo, but it's still not safe." Gabriel answered.

     "But you can make it safe, right? You can help Daddy and Uncle Dean find the funny man and the bad lady, right?" Gabriel crouched down in front of her.

"I'm gonna do everything in my power to keep you safe." Gabriel softly smiled. "Now, how about you and Jack go upstairs for that bedtime story? What's your favorite one?"