Lots of Jumps, Pain, and Angry Children

Hayln POV

        They all glared at me. Dauntless, Candor, Erudite, even Amity and Abnegation. I had no idea what was wrong here. I mean, I understand why Dauntless would be upset, but why was everyone else? Didn't they WANT this to happened? To not have the Hobo in their faction? I stiffly walked toward the rest of the initiates and got to the end of the line. Just as I made it to the back, all of the Dauntless bolted for the stairs. What the hell? I followed, not wanting to end up where I started, as they flooded into the staircase. They didn't slow down as they shuffled down the steps. I was losing steam, and fast.

        I looked around, panting heavily as we continued to the 18 flight. The hand railing was barely visible over the sea of black and gray. Hmm.... I shoved people out of the way, trying to reach the wall before I was trampled to death. With my arms spread in front of me, I was just able to feel the cool cement wall beneath my fingertips. I hope this works. I took off my shoes and climbed up onto the railing. I immediately started sliding down in my black stockings. Yes!

        I was feeling like a genius, moving down the staircase with ease, but then I realized there was a wall. God, how could I forget the wall?! I panicked and almost fell off. Think, think, think! What would a Dauntless do? Uh.... GOT IT!!! I crouched a little and braced myself. Closer, closer.... NOW! Just as I was about to run out of rail, I jumped, kicked the wall, and managed to land on the next railing. Nailed it! The question was, though, would I be able to pull it off the rest of the way down? I glanced back at the crowd. The initiates were somehow behind me. They all gawked at me as I rode the rails down. I flipped them off, stuck out my tongue, and focused on the next wall jump.

        Jump after jump, without fail. It was a miracle. But, as we all know, all good things must come to an end. On the final jump, when I thought I was finished, my stocking got snagged on the end of a rail and ripped a huge hole in the right leg. Damn. So close! I shrugged it off and waited for the others, because I had no idea where we were going. I waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, the first person came sprinting out in their bright blue polo and blue jeans. Erudite man, I see. "Slow down, man!" I heard someone yell. "You have no idea where we're supposed to go!"

        I hopped into the group and started an all-out sprint. The air stinging my cheeks was wonderful. So fresh, so clean. Not like in the factionless part of town. It's literally a dump, trash and sewage pouring into the streets constantly. This is different. Completely different. I'm not running for my life, or for the last ration of food. I'm just running. I took a deep breathe as I ran, basking in the glorious air. I continued to run along with the group, enjoying it, when I heard a train whistle. Wait, are we- Everyone formed a straight line. I guess we are.

        The train roared down the track, loud and proud, bright and busy. Before I knew it, all of the Dauntless-born were gone and only the transfers were left. I've been waiting for this moment. As a group started jogging next to the train car, I just ran. I've been wanting to do this for a while now, so I wasn't going to dawdle. As soon as I was close enough to the door, I threw myself with all of my might into the train car.

        I was tall enough to get in on my own, but it probably would have ended a little better if I wasn't. When I hit the floor, I kept rolling at the same speed until I hit the wall. "Ow." I said blandly. I got whipped in the face several times by my braid, so that didn't help. I heard some of the Dauntless-born laughing. "Oh, ha ha. Up yours." That shut 'em up. I put my shoes back on and watched as one by one, transfers jumped in. Most of them got in. I overheard a group talking about how a chubby little Erudite boy didn't make it (Not much of a surprise there). Welcome to the family, kid.