Maybe It Can Be Right For Us

Characters: Dean x Lisa, Dean x Reader, Sam, Ben, Castiel

Warnings: Angst and little fluff

Summary: You hunt alone but your best friend, Lisa, doesn't know this. When you meet her new boyfriend, Dean, you know exactly who he is. When Lisa and Ben get captured and injured because of you and Dean, you make a decision that you hate but it's for the best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, I need you to come over and watch Ben. Dean is coming over and we're supposed to have date night." Lisa said over the phone. You held the phone between your shoulder and cheek as you cleaned your guns, making sure that everything was working properly.

"Isn't Ben a little too old for a babysitter?" You joked.

"You know he loved you. Plus, you haven't been by the house in a while. I know you've been busy with work and everything but you should come over. Please? I really need this night with Dean." She pleaded.

"Alright, you got it. I'll be there in an hour. That sound good?"

"That sounds perfect. Thank you so much." Lisa smiled before hanging up. You sighed and set down the phone before staring at your weapon chest. It housed all the weapons you'll ever need in life. What Lisa said was true, you have been working a lot but she didn't know what you did.

You were a hunter and a badass one at that. You hunted alone, leaving for weeks at a time. You told Lisa you worked for some private guy that sent you all over the country to do his work for him. She bought that but you didn't know how long you could keep up that lie for. You wanted to tell her but she would never understand. Plus, you didn't want to put Ben in trouble like that.

You loved them both too much to do that. You've heard of other hunters but you never worked with them. You worked best when you were alone and sometimes it could be difficult but you made it through. You just loved hunting and you weren't too keen on taking or following orders which is why you'd rather work alone.

You quickly put your guns back in their chest before getting ready to head over to Lisa's house. She was your best friend and you met her when she came into the hospital. You were also in labor and she was in your semi-private room where the two of you talked all night, waiting for your babies to be born.

The only difference between you and Lisa is that she still had Ben. You lost your daughter to a monster that fed on children. That's when you became a hunter. It was rough, it still is, but you manage. As long as you had Lisa by your side, you knew you would be okay.

You made it to her house in a little less than an hour. You knew her boyfriend was here since you saw his sleek black car in the street by her house. You had to admit it was a beautiful car and you couldn't wait to meet this man. You were hunting when Lisa mentioned Dean. You never met the man but you were excited to meet the man that made Lisa and Ben so happy.

You got out and walked to the front door, knocking as you opened it.

"Lisa! I'm here!" You called out.

"Y/N!" You looked up to see Ben run down the stairs.

"Ben!!" You smiled and knelt down so he could hug you. You grinned and lifted him up, twirling him as you did so. He laughed and you set him down before ruffling his hair.

"How have you been? You've been treating your mom, right?" You asked and he nodded.

"How was work? You've been gone a long time." He asked.