Follow Your Heart

Characters: Dean Winchester x Salvatore!Reader, Sam Winchester, Damon Salvatore, Stefan Salvatore

Warnings: just fluff

Summary: Just because you're a vampire, doesn't mean you don't make a kickass hunter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I got nothing. Do you?" Sam asked his older brother, peeking at him over the 4th book he picked up. Dean didn't answer, instead, he hummed as he read intensively. When he got to an interesting part, his eyebrows shot up as if he got something worth sharing. "What? You got something?"

"Hmm," Dean nodded enthusiastically before sagging his shoulders and losing all hope in his features, "no."

"Come on, Dean, we've been at this for 5 days. We need some help," Sam sighed, setting his book down.

"Yeah, I know."

"Since there are no hunters down in Virginia, I can call Jody or something and have her try and help. Maybe she can look at traffic cams or she can send out an APB, but then again, we don't know what the person looks like. I just wish there was a witness."

"Wait, I got it," Dean interrupted his brother and stood up.

"Got what?"

"There is a hunter in Virginia. This is going to sound crazy to you, but remember that time when we split up? You took the shifter case in North Carolina and I took the demon case in Virginia?"

"Yeah?" Sam asked slowly, not sure where he was going with this.

"I met a woman while I was there and she happened to be taking to same case I was. She's badass, you should have seen how many demons she took out," he laughed, revisiting the memories.

"That's good. We'll just visit her on the way to the case. If she hasn't already taken it herself, she'll be useful to us," Sam declared, standing up and stacking the books all around him.

"There's something you should know about her first," Dean trailed off.

"What, she got magical powers or something?" Sam joked, smiling.

"Not exactly," Dean said, staring at his brother.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're slacking brother," you grinned as you wiped the sweat off your face.

"I'm just out of practice," Damon scoffed, rolling his eyes. From the corner of his eye, he spotted his younger brother trying to sneak past you two. "Wanna help me here?"

"No," Stefan smirked and continued on his way.

"Come on, Damon. You've got at least 20 years on me. Do I have to go running all over town and tell everyone that you got your ass kicked by your little sister... again?"

"Hey, you're adopted. I don't know what you did before you became a Salvatore," Damon glared at you.

"Yeah, because I was kicking ass in the many foster homes," you said sarcastically. Growing up in the foster system wasn't always a fun time. Sure, you made friends with some of the other kids, and you went to decent schools where you could get away from your foster parents, but not everything was rainbows and sunshine.

As a kid, you learned to keep your head down and not ask questions. You stayed away from the bigger kids and avoided conflict at all cost. When Giuseppe Salvatore found you, you were practically skin and bones. He took pity and decided to adopt you, bringing you to his plantation where his two sons and wife lived. Stefan was the one to welcome you in first, then Damon got used to another person in the household.