Task #1 Results

It was extremely difficult to choose the winners even in such fewer entries. All of you were amazing and had your own speciality. Good grammar, not perfect, but each entry had good grammar. But due to some reason or other the winners were decided. 

Don't be upset if your entry didn't get selected because there are many tasks coming up and you were really great, trust me. If I could I would announce every one a winner but well sadly, that's not how it works. 

So in the third place, we've got-

"There were dozens of Hogwarts students, parents, luggage and an overall sense of anticipation humming through the air, when I arrived on platform 9 ¾.
I nervously straightened out my perfectly pressed robes for what felt like the millionth time and pushed my purple blue Ravenclaw themed glasses back onto my nose with a shaky hand. I reminded myself that I already knew all the rules and had already read all of my books for the whole school year, I would be fine. I just needed to remember to not overshare as I tend to tell people things that are unnecessary and borderline inappropriate when I'm anxious.

I tugged at my long black locks to make sure they sat perfectly on my shoulder. I had been told that first impressions are hard to change later.

"Get a move on Jade," my father huffed from behind me.

I carried my luggage to the long majestic red train and tried to keep my mouth closed as all of my childhood dreams were coming to fruition in these last few minutes.

I hugged my father goodbye and was fortunate enough to find another girl named Sue Li. She and I were instantly friends and talked about how excited we were to be going to Hogwarts, how we both wanted to be Ravenclaws but most importantly, how we found out we were witches.

Sue always knew she would go to Hogwarts when she was old enough. Magic is used at her home so it was never a surprise for her to find out.

I have been excited about going to Hogwarts since the day I found out that I was a witch at the age of three. Yoshi, my demonic kitten had been very rude, trying to steal half of my tuna fish sandwich. As soon as he had started to run off with it between his greedy jowls, I became so angry at his manners that I wished he was already full. The next thing I knew Yoshi was a stuffed animal.My father was furious that I "stuffed" Yoshi but had managed to change him back to almost normal, however he never came around me again and he occasionally coughs up random amounts of cotton balls.When the sweets trolly came by I was so excited since my parents didn't like me having candy as it tended to make me intolerable however, they weren't here and the trolly was. As I was loading candy into my pockets a very cute boy with silver eyes and white blonde hair walked by smiling at me.I was instantly in love.I smiled happily since not only was I going to get an education in a school that was amazing and had Albus Dumbledore as the headmaster but my future boyfriend was currently walking down the hallway with my heart."

This entry is by SpaceQueenSara from Ravenclaw. The cat part was really creative and excellent. Congratulations! You won 20 points to your house!

In the second place, we've got-

"To begin the journey, I would say goodbye to my parents just before the ticket barrier because I'm a muggleborn, therefore my parents, as non-magical people, will not be able to go into Platform 9 ¾. I'm going into my second year, so I would already know where to go. I would drag my trunk along (bumping into a few people, but of course, that can't be helped). I'm about fifteen minutes early, so I bring my trunk into a compartment that I agreed to meet with my friends in earlier and lift it up onto the overhead luggage rack, but not before taking out one of my three favourite books in the world – The Girl who Saved the King of Sweden. When the train whistle goes about ten or so minutes later, a person come into my compartment – Chloe Dursley, a Hufflepuff. She sits next to me and I start the book again so that she can read over my shoulder. Then, Scorpius Malfoy (a Slytherin) and Albus Potter (a Gryffindor) come in and sit opposite us. I fold the edge of the page and close the book, rummaging in my trunk for my surprise.