Chapter 1

The camp swarmed with cats, their voices echoing across the clearing. Hollykit looked around, her tail twitching. "So Mudkit, what do you wanna be, warrior or medicine cat?" Mudkit's eyes shined. "Warrior!" Hollykit smiled. "I'm going to be leader, and then you can be my deputy, just think of it, Hollystar of BrookClan, and you, Mudkit my deputy!" Mudkit let out a squeak. "Yes! That would be so cool!" He tackled her down, the two kits wrestling in the grass. Hollykit tugged at his ear, ears pinned back. Mudkit let out a low growl, and leaped onto her again. Hollykit rolled with him squeaking with delight. Mudkit broke away, panting. Hollykit jumped to her paws. "Let's walk around."
Mudkit nodded with a smile, walking towards the entrance, with Hollykit by his side. The she talked about the clan and what she thought her warrior name would be. As she talked with Mudkit, she bumped into someone and fell down. Mudkit's eyes widened in surprise. "Are you ok?" he asked Hollykit. The she got up quickly and looked down at the small cream she. "You ok?"

The she looked up at her, her eyes wide. Hollykit held out a paw. "Come on. Let me help you!"  She insisted. The she cat rose up to her paws. "Y-yeah I'm fine. I-i'm sorry I wasn't paying a-attention," She said in disappointment and embarrassment. Hollykit smiled. "Nah, it was my fault!" The she said with a smile. "Anyways. What's your name? I don't think i've seen you in the nursery before!"
The she looked a little shy, looking down at her paws.
"I-i'm Heatherkit."

Hollykit turned her head to her side. "Heatherkit?"
She looked confused and looked at her paws in thinking. She looked up.
"I never knew a Heatherkit. At least, not in the nursery.."
Heatherkit laughed. "Oh, it's fine! I don't mind! Ha!"
Hollykit had wide eyes when she heard her soft laugh. Her face grew hot, but she shook it off and turned back to reality. "Oh uh, well it was nice meeting you!" She said. Heatherkit nodded. "You too!" The she said back, walking away. Hollykit watched the small cream she-kit walk away. "Huh..."
Mudkit smirked. "Hm. You gave Heatherkit some strange looks during your conversation. Care to tell me what's up?" He laughed. Hollykit squeaked. "What?! No! Why would I do that?" Mudkit chirped. "You like her!" Hollykit's eyes widened in astonishment. "Why would I like a she cat?! Besides, I have better things to do rather than love, I need to fulfill my destiny!"

Mudkit frowned. "What do you mean?" Hollykit blinked. "Huh?" The brown tom sniffed. "What's wrong with two she cats being together?" Hollykit huffed. "It's against StarClan's will, and it's weird!" He titled his head. "Since when has it been against StarClan's will?" She blinked her bright yellow eyes. "Well..Uh.." Mudkit frowned some more. "Exactly!" Hollykit's tail lashed. "Well it's true!"
Mudkit rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. But you won't change my mind!" He answered.
Hollykit hissed. "Anyone that likes the same gender is a awful person-Wait. Is Heatherkit that way?" She asked. Mudkit shrugged. "I don't know." She growled. "I bet she is!" She spat.
Mudkit frowned. "She didn't seem mean back there. Do you hate her now?" He asked. She growled. "I bet she just wanted to make a good impression so I wouldn't hate her! Little does she know, I know her little secret! I bet she's terrible!" She hissed with a laugh. "I hope everyone hates her too!"
Mudkit gave a shocked look. "What?! Why would you say such a thing, Hollykit? Heatherkit isn't bad!" He spat. Hollykit rolled her eyes. "I don't like Heatherkit. That's. Final!" She hissed. The two kits stayed silent for a long moment. Mudkit was about to say something, until Hollykit cut him off before he could speak. "Look, I don't wanna talk about this anymore. Can we just....talk about about something else?" She begged.
Mudkit growled. "Actually, I think that my mom's calling me. I have to go, cya!" He said, racing off. Hollykit stood there in camp alone. She sighed. "Oh well," She groaned. She waltzed back to the nursery and laid down in anger.