Chapter 29

"John. John wake up." I whispered in the morning. It was nine in the morning and John looked dead.
"James, I think we killed him." I said looking out into the sitting area. James laughed. But then we realized we were making a joke about death when we had to go to an actual funeral tomorrow. "John wake up!" I yelled startling John awake. I smiled.
"Good morning sleeping beauty." I said kissing his cheek and exiting his room.

"It's so early!" He complained.

"We're getting tattoos today!" James hollered from the couch where he was reading the local paper. I was looking at my outfit, a breezy shirt with a broad neck with a tank top underneath and then black leggings with combat boots in the mirror when I heard someone fall off something. John rolled out of bed, of course. John got to the doorway.

"We are?" He asked. I looked at James in the mirror and as we both smirked. I figured I could get two tattoos today, one matching James and one matching John. I was making him get a sister/brother tattoo as his first. He shouldn't complain, I was paying for it and I was pretending to be his legal guardian. I nodded and he shouted excitedly.

"Get dressed!" James yelled then sounding like a parent figure.

"Very impressive, Mr. Maslow." I said winking at him. He smiled.

We found a tattoo shop that accepted walk ins and we looked at their Facebook page online and saw they had won awards and thought their pieces were pretty great. We all three walked in and explained what we were getting. John hadn't complained about what he was getting so I knew he was happy with the idea. On my collar bone is where mine was going for John and he was getting his on his ribs.

"You sure? That's gonna hurt." I told John as he was in the chair, the first one to go. He nodded. John's tattoo would say, "A sister's love will forever follow you." while my tattoo would say, "A brother's love will forever protect you." John only winced a few times but stuck it out. He was done in an hour. Then it was me. I got mine done in the same amount of time as John's but then the guy kept me there to do James's heart. James was asked to draw a little heart on me wrist. I smiled as he leaned over me to do it. John rolled his eyes at us.

"Do you like that?" James asked me as I looked down at his imperfect yet very adorable heart the size of a half dollar on my left wrist. I nodded. Then I got it done as well, taking maybe ten minutes to do. Then I did the same to James's wrist.

"Put an E next to it." James said. I gave him a questioning look.

"You sure?" I asked him. He smiled and nodded.

"I'm sure." He said.

"You come up with this after I'm finished?" I asked him shaking my head and drawing my cursive 'E' next to the heart I drew.

"I can add a 'J' quickly before I do him." The artist offered. I glanced at James and nodded. James drew a cursive 'J' and he kissed my cheek. The artist didn't even have James move from the chair and just did it on my wrist quickly.

"Now you?" The artist asked James. James nodded looking a tad nervous.

"You're fine bro." John told James smacking his leg. I giggled. Within a few minutes, James was finished and we all had fresh tattoos. We stopped to all look in the large mirror in the studio and that's when James told us to show off our tattoos for a Twitter pic. John and I stood close as James stood behind me showing his wrist and I did the same with my collar bone showing and John lifted his shirt.

I paid for all our tattoos even though James freaked and said he had to at least pay for his and mine. I denied him the chance to. We got back to the car as John said he was hungry.
"We just ate breakfast not that long ago." I said to him as we got in my car. James looked at me.

"He's a teenaged boy and it in fact is one in the afternoon, babe, even I am hungry." James sided with John.

"Fine." I sighed. We went back to the hotel and ordered Chinese when my laptop was on and I was getting a call. Alexa.

"Hey!" I said happily walking into James and mines room, not wanting to tell her about John yet until we knew for sure.

"Hey honey bun!" She smiled. "You sound like you're doing better?" She asked. I nodded sitting down.

"I am in fact doing better." I told her smiling. She squinted.

"Did you get another tattoo?" She asked me. Shit, I thought.

"I did." I smiled. She nodded.

"Does it say something about a brother's love?" She asked confused. "I thought your little brother hated you." I shrugged.

"No, not now. We started hanging out and we are closer than ever. He's doing pretty well with everything going on." I told her. She nodded.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you." She told me.

"Thanks! How's my niece?" I asked her. She stood up and rubbed her belly. She looked huge!

"Oh my gosh she's so big now!" I said happy and excited. Alexa nodded smiling.

"I know! She's only gonna be in here for two and a half more months then she's gonna be real! Like in my arms rather than my belly." She said. I laughed.

"I really miss you Lex." I told her. She stuck out her bottom lip.

"I miss you too. Carlos does too. He's over at the house with the plumber and electrician making sure everything is good and safe before we all make an official move in." Alexa smiled. I held up both thumbs.

"I'm so excited!" I said. "Wait, have you guys painted the spare room?" I asked her. She thought a moment and then shook her head.

"No, why?" She asked.

"Uhm, I think I want that room bare for now. Like striped of everything, no paintings or art, just a queen bed, dresser, and desk. Can you pick those up for me? Preferably in a dark rustic look?" I asked smiling.

"I thought you wanted light and airy?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I want that room a little different." I smiled at Alexa. She nodded suspicious.

"Alright, I'll let Carlos know." She said. I thanked her. "Well, I should probably go, but hey, tell James hi, and you, missy, you get some rest tonight, you have a big day tomorrow. We'll pray for ya." She said.

"Thank you so much. Love and miss you three." I said including the baby.

"Bye!" Alexa laughed. We hung up and I breathed a sigh. I closed my laptop to walk out to James and John wrestling.

"Really?" I asked as John was laying on James practically, with James's arms around John's neck in a head lock as he also had his legs wrapped around John's legs. They froze at the sound of me catching them in the act. James let go and John jumped up. James sat criss-crossed on the floor and John posed acting like they hadn't been all over each other. I rolled my eyes and laughed at their fear of me.