Chapter 34

The two days we had free passed quickly and next thing I knew, Alexa and I were getting Archie through to his loading zone and we were boarding a plane to schools across the country. We stopped in Phoenix, Arizona and picked a young girl who skipped two grade levels and was already a freshman in high school but of course she had to dress younger than everyone because she was small. Then to Beaumont, Texas where we found a male bull rider who had screwed up his cheek bone in a cattle accident and was now blind in one eye but he continued to wear the type of clothing that he performed in when he lost his vision.

Then to Tampa, Florida where we met a plus sized girl who was shunned in her school because of she dressed in a gothic manner and she wasn't afraid to talk back. Then to Erie, Pennsylvania to the star cheerleader who also was dating the star quarter back, we decided to use them both and have them in their uniforms. Then to Grand Forks, Minnesota where we met twins, a boy and a girl, who both suffered from poverty their whole lives and went foster home to foster home but the girl was perfectly content listening to Screamo music as her brother listened to classical but they both dressed like they were going to a rave on a daily basis.

We then continued to Hot Springs, South Dakota where a boy was the most popular kid in school dating a girl who had been unable to walk her entire life, he looked like the normal boy next door. In Laramie, Wyoming we discovered a girl who worked three jobs to support her ill mother and who was also a mother herself and she would wear her three uniforms in our commercial. In Grand Junction, Colorado, we met a kid who was known for getting into fights for defending the mentally and physically disabled in his high school and looked like he went to school dressed in his Sunday best suit. We then rounded back to Eugene, Oregon to meet a girl who supported her and others equality rights on her college campus who had her own style including dread locks. Then we were in need of one more person and we decided we could find them in our own state of California. James picked me and Alexa up from the airport along with Archie and we were on our way home when Alexa gasped.

"Oh my God, is the baby coming?" I asked from the passenger seat. Alexa giggled from the back seat.

"No! Well, I would've liked if she decided to come early. I'm tired of being pregnant." Alexa sighed. "But no, John. He's different, he's perfect!" She said. I smiled.

"I don't know if he'll want to be in the video." I said. She sighed.

"Maybe if James did it too." Alexa mumbled.

"We only need one more, if we do James we don't need John." I said. Alexa shrugged when I looked back at her.

"We could even do ourselves and Carlos in it. We are all under 25, for now." She said shrugging. I thought a moment, we all were pretty different.

James agreed to it and then we got back home. Carlos was with John in the backyard of Carlos's home with Baxter. Carlos was trying to teach John how to be a pro with mini helicopters. We asked if they'd participate and they agreed. The next morning all our candidates had been flown and Alexa and myself met them at the airport one after the other. We set them up in hotels and we were ready to film later that afternoon.
The interviews began and all of our people were here and they all looked so unique in their own ways. I was proud to see this come along. Then we were finished with them and they were all sent to have a free night in an LA hotel. Then it was just us, James, John, Carlos, and the crew.

"Are we doing the rest of you?" The camera guy asked. I nodded.

"Just give Alexa and myself five minutes to change into our interview clothing." I smiled as he nodded and headed to the refreshment table.

I walked back to the changing rooms and into Alexa's first. "You ready?" I asked as I saw Carlos in there as well. She nodded as she was getting makeup put on.
"You too?" I smiled at Carlos. He held up 'OK' with his hand and smiled. He was in his normal skinny jeans and tshirt look which was perfect. Alexa then was finished and was in her own everyday look of a pair of high waisted jeans and a nice top, you could hardly tell she was pregnant. I smiled and exited their room and knocked on John's next door. He was in a band tee of someone I've need heard of and his normal fit jeans and Vans. I smiled at him as he smirked. "Ready?" I asked as he nodded.