Found

Shiro

It's been a month since we crashed on this planet, a month since I last saw Katie, a month since we had a decent meal, and a month since a proper anything.
We've seen dead Galra soldiers every now and then in this forest, and we keep finding tracks to this one big tree. However, no sign on Katie.
"Keith, what if she wasn't here to begin with?"
"Shiro. I know you don't think that, we both know Katie. She's just really smart and knows how to not be found."
"I know, but I thought we'd find something by now." Suddenly, Keith holds a hand to my mout.
"Shh, I hear something." I strain my ears, then I hear it.
"Leave me alone you stupid Galra creeps!" That sounds like Katie, I look at Keith then bolt. I head towards the sounds of fighting, but once I reach the sight. I only find the end result.
"We lost her." I collapse to the ground, but then I see a bright green flash. I cautiously head towards it, Keith following close behind. Then I hear another battle, we peer around the tree we are hiding behind, and then gasp.
Katie and three girls are fighting, and the Galra set that huge tree on fire, and in the fire is the green lion.
"Cathy, Jessie, Lena, Get in the Lion. NOW!" Katie screams, the girls just agree, and start to get away. Katie is fighting with all her might, and I can see her stomach is kinda round, I'm so confused.
She is fighting off thirty Galra soldiers, alone, we have to help her. Wait, why isn't she in her lion? I look into the fire, and I pale. Her lion, it has holes blown in its side, and it looks like it hasn't moved since it crashed here.
"JESSIE, SEND OUT THE DISTRESS SIGNAL TO THE CASTLE, NOW PLEASE!" Then she gets hit in the shoulder, and she screams.
"Pidge, get to the lion!"
"I'll try, it's kinda hard for me!" She snaps back, as she rushes back to the lion. However, before she makes it in the safety of her lion, the tree collapses, and burning timber crashes down on her, then it explodes. I hear a bloodcurdling scream, and I see her lion was blasted onto its side, and I see lots of still burning timber, and I see a arm poking out of some of the wood, it's white with some green.
"Katie!" I scream as I rush to help her. The Galra heard me, and I activate my hand, and start to attack the soldiers, Keith is helping me. Then I hear our comms turn on.
Paladins, are you down there!"
"Princess! We are down here, me and Keith just found Pidge, but then she got buried under the burning tree. Our lions team out of power or something when we first crashed here. Green lion is in no condition to move or even work, and we need to save Pidge, she is exposed to the burning wood."
"We have to get her out, she could die from the heat."
"Shiro, go get her. I'll have your back, I always have your back." I nod at Keith, my practically baby brother. Then run to Katie, I'm praying that she is alive. I find where I think she is, and I start to pull up all the smoldering wood pieces, to find Katie. She is unconscious, and her body is twisted at odd angles, but she's breathing, somewhat. I dig up some more wood, and find she is injured still. So I pick her up bridal style and rush her to her lion, I open it's mouth and gently set her down, then I run back outside. Hunch and Lance are here, they are shooting down Galra, I see them all get shot, and we are now protecting Pidge, we are the only thing keeping the Galra from her and her lion now.
"For Pidge, keep fighting!"
"Yeah!" They all reply, but then, we hear a roar. I look up and see black and red coming for us, I smile as the lions drop down on top of the Galra soldiers.
"They came!"
"Come on,
We have to get Pidge to a healing pod now!" I yell, as I board my lion, I fly over to Green and then gently pick it up. We fly to the castle, everyone is going home, we made it.

When we land, I rush into Green, and I find the three girls that where with Katie when I found her, they are protecting her.
"Who are you?"
"Don't come any closer, I'm warning you!"
"Is that Shiro?" One asks, I take off my helmet, and then put my hands up.
"My name is Takashi Shirogane, I'm a Paladin of Voltron, please let me take care of Katie." Then step aside, with confused faces. I just bolt past them, pick up Katie bridal style, then sprint to a healing chamber.
"Coran, get a healing pod rest, Pidge needs it, NOW!" I look behind me to see the girls following me, I just turn to look forward.
I get to the healing pods, record time, and I gently place Pidge in the prepared pod. It closes, and starts to fog up, and glow. Making Katie look all angelic.
"Wow, what's going on?" I turn around to see the girls staring at Pidge in shock, but then I hear things clatter. I look to my side, and see Keith, Lance, and Hunk all dropped their helmets.
"Cathy?" Hunk Asks, it was quiet.
"Lena." Keith breaths out, almost inaudible.
"Jessie?" Lance questions, almost like in a dream.
The girls just tear up, then run to the others. Crying once they are embraced by my fellow Paladins.
"Ummm, what's going on?"
"Shiro, these were are girlfriends. I don't know about Keith, but I know me and Hunk where still dating ours that day we found Blue. We never even said goodbye to you, god I feel like an awful boyfriend." The girl in Lances arms just laughs a bit.
"No, no, Your the best boyfriend ever. We just never knew what happened to you, we where still grieving when we where kidnaped by the Galra." The boys all hold the girls tighter, and I just look at Katie.
"Shiro, she's fine. We got her out alive."
"I know, it's just that she was so injured. I feel useless, each time we tried to help her, Katie just got even more hurt!" I punch the wall I was standing by.
"Your Katie's boyfriend, aren't you?" I look and see, Lena, was it, she asked.
"Yeah, I am." I look at the floor, and I feel a hand on my shoulder. Keith's hand, he just gives me a hug.
"Don't worry Shiro, Katie is the strongest one of us, she'll pull through, she always dose." I just nod, then sit down next to her healing pod. The girls fall asleep, in the boys arms. I just smile at how happy they all look.
"You three gonna propose to them?" I randomly ask, the others react shocked at first, then they look like they actually are thinking about it, then they nod.
"Yeah, I think I might. I mean, we are in space, we fight Galra basically Daily, and we've seen that life is too short." Says Keith.
"Yeah, and then we'll have even more motivation to fight on." Says Lance.
"Yeah, we can have what you and Katie have. A best friend who gets you, and will support you no matter what." I smile at Hunks response, then remember the small box in my pocket.
"You know, before all this, I was getting ready to propose to Katie." I take out the box and show the boys he custom made ring I created with Allura and the Alkari. It has a green Balmeran crystal that has some blue in the center, then the band is reinforced with Alluras magic, and it is a special metal from Alkari, it looks white but is hypoallergenic like silver or gold. On the band, it says, To the Stars with you. Because that's basically our everyday life, and I thought it was cute. The boys gasp when they see it, and I swear I see a tear slip Keith's eye.
"Dude, it's gorgeous! Where in the Quiznak did you get that gemstone from?!"
"It's a balmeran crystal, the Balmera seemed to know what I wanted when I went to harvest one. The Alkari actually had the band made with their basically indestructible metal, and remember those head things we wore? Well they put like a miniature one in the band, Allura also used her Altean magic and the ring transforms into a bayard like weapon. May gave me his blessing, as older brother, now all I have to do is ask Katie." The boys all smile at me, I'd probably be in a doggy pile if they didn't have their sleeping Girlfriends in their arms.
"Well, Katie will probably say yes, we know her to well. Good luck man, now, we need to bring our girlfriends to their rooms that they'll be staying in here. Then off to talk to the Princess." I roll my eyes at the others, then I wait for Katie to wake up.